“Robert cares deeply for students and never loses sight of their needs when making a decision,” says Karen Whipple, Moreland Trustee and CUSHD parent.
CAMPBELL, Calif. (PRWEB) November 05, 2018
Campbell Union High School District Board of Trustees (CUHSD) election on November 6th includes 14-year board of education veteran Robert Varich. First elected to the seven school Moreland Elementary School District (Moreland) in 2004, Varich has consistently demonstrated his leadership while addressing gaps in student achievement, during the financial downturn, and when facing both increasing and declining enrollment.
Varich plans to bring his deep experience to the CUHSD Board of Trustees to benefit schools and students the District serves if elected on November 6th.
“Robert cares deeply for students and never loses sight of their needs when making a decision,” says Karen Whipple, Moreland Trustee and CUSHD parent. "I have worked alongside Robert for 12 years and while I haven’t always voted the same way as he has, I know he has considered my point of view and we can agree to disagree and move forward together to support the outcome of the vote.”
Key accomplishments in the Moreland District during his tenure include:
- Developed and maintained a community-based Strategic Plan that serves as a guidepost for the Board and District Leadership.
- Moreland schools received multiple local, state and national awards including the National School Boards Association’s MAGNA Award that is given to one school for innovation and success. Moreland received the MAGNA Award for the extraordinary academic turn around at Anderson Elementary School.
- Gains in student achievement have been sustained.
- Opened two thriving K-8 schools as in response to community input.
- Two Local Bonds were passed for a total of $95,000,000.
- All construction projects related to these bonds came in under budget and on time.
- The District and bargaining units adopted the Interest Based Bargaining approach for negotiations resulting in settlements and strong relationships with the units.
- Considered two charter petitions, one of which resulted in a school, one of which was denied.
- Successfully identified and hired a superintendent to meet the District’s needs on three occasions (2006, 2010 and 2015).
Varich’s focus on building a solid district with high achieving students, outstanding support for teachers and students and customer service is the result of strong District leadership.
Robert Varich is married to Cyndi. Their daughter graduated from CUSHD and is now a kindergarten teacher and their son is a senior at CUHSD. Varich is an employer and business owner and has been very active in supporting local schools and sports programs. He has coached high school football, Little League and soccer, has umpired baseball, and is a high school basketball announcer. The Varich family is a supporter of Heritage Home and Family supportive housing their favorite charities.
For more information about Robert Varich, see his website http://www.robert4cuhsd.com