Chicago, IL (PRWEB) July 25, 2013 -- Summer shopping is winding down as eager parents prepare for sending their kids back to school. Brad's Deals received feedback from almost 1,000 of our most active users and found some surprises in how people shopped this summer.
How are people doing their summer shopping?
- What they’re buying: Just over half are spending their summer cash on garden supplies and traveling.
- How they’re buying: In summer, people buy what they want when they want it. This year they’re not waiting around for big end of summer sales.
- What they’re hoping will be on sale: Summer shoppers are hoping to see sales on outdoor furniture and grills. Decking out the patio can be expensive. Summer shoppers are not very interested in big sales on electronics. They probably will be ready for them once Black Friday rolls around.
- The deals they want: Summer shoppers want big % off discounts. It’s better to label those patio chairs as 50% off than Buy One Get One Free.
- Back to School already?: Most people in July are still too busy enjoying their summer to start Back to School Shopping, but an ambitious 29% of our respondents do their B2S shopping in June!
Retailers should pay attention to how shoppers felt about discounts this summer when planning Holiday and Black Friday sales. Shoppers this summer want % off sales, but don’t want to wait for them. Instead of holding out to give intense discounts late in the shopping season, retailers may start doing better % off promotions earlier on. The trends in Back to School shopping show that people are planning ahead and want to get their shopping taken care of instead of waiting until the last minute and taking a risk on sales that might not happen or items that might be out of stock later.
For study details, access the Brad's Deals Summer Shopping Study Infographic.
ABOUT BRAD'S DEALS
BradsDeals.com is the largest editorial-driven deals site with more than 11 million email subscribers. For the past 11 years, Brad's Deals has been dedicated to publishing the best online deals and coupon codes daily. Editor-in-Chief Brad Wilson created Brad's Deals while a college student in 2002 as a way to spread the word about the online shopping tips and tricks that he learned as a student. Today, Brad's Deals is also home to Black Friday by Brad's Deals and CyberMonday2013, reaching more than 25 million visitors annually.
Matt Batt, Brad's Deals, http://www.bradsdeals.com, 773-294-5808, [email protected]