The "Summer COO" contest winner will receive a $10k travel stipend, a $2k monthly 'salary' and a virtual assistant to take care of any real world to-do lists
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., June 7, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The most memorable summers can be made of the littlest moments. Campspot knows that bites of sticky watermelon, the fine spray of a waterslide, the first sip of a refreshing, ice-cold drink, and the soothing sound of waves lapping the shore are what make a summer one to savor. That's why the leading booking site and app for private campgrounds is looking for a "Summer COO" who won't work a day during the three month gig. Instead, their sole job will be to enjoy more moments spent outdoors!
The winner of Campspot's Summer "Chief Outdoor Officer" contest will receive a $10,000 travel stipend and a $2,000 monthly "salary" to spend as much of their summer months outdoors as possible with the companions of their choice*. Whether splashing in a waterpark, stargazing under the open sky, ziplining through the air, or toasting the perfect s'more around a campfire, the Summer COO will be able to enjoy the best of Campspot's selection of more than 200,000 tent, RV or glamping campsites.
With a full-time PTO schedule ahead of them, the Summer COO will also be supported with a virtual assistant membership to help with any pesky real-life to-do items. Rather than spending their summer on home repairs, meal planning, or back-to-school shopping, the COO will be able to use their newfound perks to delegate these tasks and focus instead on spending time where it really matters—outdoors with loved ones.
"It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, but we know that the most meaningful moments are often the simplest," says Erin Stender, Chief Marketing Officer of Campspot. "Getting outdoors and out of our normal routine, even for a weekend, is one of the best ways to create those special summer memories that will last a lifetime."
Apply for "Summer COO"
For anyone interested in upgrading their summer moments, go to https://www.campspot.com/about//summer-camping/ by Friday, June 30 at 11:59 pm CT to apply as Campspot's Summer COO by entering your funniest out of office reply. The winning Chief Outdoor Officer will be selected and notified by July 14. Must be 21+ to apply.
*This position isn't real, but the perks are. Please view the full terms and conditions here.
Top Campgrounds for Summer
With a hotter than usual summer predicted for this year, Campspot has selected some of the best water-centric campgrounds where visitors can cool off in style, based on demand, location, and amenities:
- Camp Fimfo Texas Hill Country - New Braunfels, TX
- Starting at $49/night
- Amenities: jumping pillow, live music, mini golf, waterpark, pool
- Neversink River Resort- Cuddebackville, NY
- Starting at $35/night
- Amenities: fishing, bike rental, outdoor theater, pool, river waterfront
- Sun Outdoors Myrtle Beach - Conway, SC
- Starting at $59/night
- Amenities: waterpark, arcade, pool, shuffleboard, hot tub/sauna, dog park
- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Columbus North - Mt. Gilead, OH
- Starting at $91/night
- Amenities: beach, hiking, waterpark, gaga ball, fishing, pool, sports
- Margaritaville RV Resort at Lanier Island - Buford, GA
- Starting at $49/night
- Amenities: waterpark, boat launch, beach, golf cart rentals, canoe/kayaking
- Big Water Marina & Campground - Starr, SC
- Starting at $35/night
- Amenities: playground, restaurant, beach, waterfront, kayaking, waterpark
- Lake Hemet Campground - Mountain Center, CA
- Starting at $51/night
- Amenities: beach, boat launch, fishing, canoeing/kayaking, waterpark
- Papoose Pond Family Campground & Cabins - Waterford, ME
- Starting at $45/night
- Amenities: waterfront, arts & crafts, mini golf, playground, pool, fishing
- Ocean Grove RV Resort - St. Augustine, FL
- Starting at $66/night
- Amenities: hot tub/sauna, waterfront, store, dog park, pool, fishing
- Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Resort - Herkimer, NY
- Starting at $47/night
- Amenities: waterfalls, canoeing/kayaking, dog park, bike rental, outdoor theater
Campspot has also made it easy for anyone to enjoy more summer adventures by compiling a list of campgrounds offering up to 50% off on summer stays. Travelers should visit https://www.campspot.com/about//summer-camping/ for deals and inspiration, or download the Campspot app to browse and book more than 200,000 campsites.
About Campspot Campspot is the leading software provider and online marketplace for RV resorts, family campgrounds, cabins, glamping options, and more, providing access to more than 200,000 campsites across the United States and Canada. Campspot provides an intuitive, easy-to-navigate guest booking experience that makes planning a vacation seamless. For campground customers, Campspot offers a real-time, cloud-based management solution that powers a best-in-class reservation system.
Carolin Fuller, Campspot, 1 (616) 226-5500, [email protected]