Canela Connect, a proprietary data and audience solution centered on an OTT first approach to provide unprecedented OTT scale to reach U.S. Hispanics; Canela Media announces new content strategy and originals, including the return of Secretos de Villanas and its spinoff, Secretos de las Indomables
NEW YORK, May 3, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Canela Media, a leading, female and minority-owned technology driven company committed to redefining digital media experiences for the Latino community, today announced its plans for the coming year at the 2023 IAB NewFronts which included the roll out of Canela Connect, a proprietary data solution for advertisers, and the evolution of Canela Studios' content strategy, that will include over 2,000 hours of original content for 2023-24. Originals will include Season 2 of its popular series Secretos de Villanas and its spinoff, Secretos de las Indomables.
The announcements were made by Canela Media's executives Isabel Rafferty Zavala, Founder and CEO, Oswald Méndez, Chief Marketing Officer, Andrés Rincón, Senior Vice President of Sales East and LatAm Regions, and Matt Montemayor, Senior Vice President of Sales West and Central Regions.
To enhance performance for advertisers, Canela Connect is centered on an OTT first approach that helps identify U.S. Hispanic audiences in English and Spanish language OTT platforms. Canela Connect is a proprietary data solution that provides unprecedented OTT scale for advertisers to reach U.S. Hispanics, thanks to the direct connections that Canela Media has with Roku, Samsung, Vizio, FreeTV and many more.
Canela Connect harnesses the power of data gathered across Canela Media advertising ecosystem to achieve unmatched scale. Canela Connect identifies U.S. Hispanic audiences with increased precision through our OTT first party deterministic data collected over time across our Canela Media platforms, driving reach across our extended premium OTT partners with more granular measurability. Canela Connect and the power of Canela Media's expanded OTT audience scale will provide brands a potential to reach over 50 million uniques.
"We're committed to disrupting through data and content, while connecting with communities authentically," said Isabel Rafferty Zavala, Founder and CEO of Canela Media. "Our goal is to continue to innovate not just in the content we produce for our audience, but in how our advertising partners can reach the U.S. Hispanic audience with more precision and across the OTT ecosystem beyond our platforms, regardless of the language in which they consume content."
In addition to Canela Connect, Canela Media is expanding its content strategy with Canela Studios, a best-in-class production team where brands are not only able to be seamlessly integrated with Canela's original productions, but they also have the opportunity to create exclusive branded content aligned to their messaging helping them connect authentically with multicultural audiences.
"Canela Studios has evolved since we first launched Canela Media and this year we are achieving a major milestone to have original productions across every single content vertical and audience segment plus our ability to deliver branded content solutions for our advertisers, all with a fantastic in-house production and development team," added Zavala.
Canela Media continues to find and elevate the voices of Latino creators, talent, and producers, putting front and center the biggest and most beloved Latino celebrities. This includes new series launches and over 2,000 hours of original content including:
- Canela News (daily) – was the first AVOD news in Spanish and premiered soon after Canela Media launched as a commitment to bring news and information to our audience on a daily basis.
- ¡PONLE CANELA! – a 30-minute daily entertainment news program that puts the spotlight on everything that matters to the Latino audience in the world of pop culture and international entertainment.
- 40 original movies in development exclusively for Canela.TV.
- 12 New Original productions including:
- - Secretos de las Indomables - literally translated as the Untamed ladies in the world of Hispanic entertainment, women who have taken charge of their careers and have done it their way. The cast of Indomables will be: Alicia Machado, Ninel Conde, Zuleyka Rivera, Patricia Manterola, Amara "La Negra" and Yuri. Together, they have a combined reach across their social media channels of over 1 billion views and followers.
- - Secretos de Villanas Season 2 - a groundbreaking series that brought together for the first time ever six of the most iconic novela superstars of all time. The show became a pop culture phenomenon with audiences and the entertainment industry.
Canela Music will continue to give a voice to Latino artists who would not otherwise have the opportunity to shine and for brands it's an opportunity to connect with Canela's passionate audience and everything it has to offer from music collections and playlists, to original and tentpoles like:
- Rising Notes - featuring the new generation of Latino artists.
- Story Time - animated stories from favorite musicians.
- Room Service - Intimate performances and candid conversations.
- El Top 10 - Canela Music's own take on the countdown format of the latest and best Latino music.
- South by Southwest Showcase - where brands will be able to activate both on-site and on the platform.
Canela Kids, now available through a FAST channel and stand-alone app will feature:
- SúperEllas, a series of short, fun, and educational animated stories featuring Latina trailblazers told in a unique and colorful way.
- Club Mundo Kids - a Canela Kids Original co-production, full of discovery and wonder for the whole family. The Club Mundo Kids world is built specifically for an audience, who rarely sees themselves reflected on screen, despite being the fastest growing demographic in the U.S.
Canela Deportes, home to sports-obsessed Latino fans, is challenging the status quo by ensuring balanced representation of both female and male athletes and talent across every sport and original production. Some of Canela Deportes' content offering include:
- 100% Futbol - a soccer show with everything fans want to know about the sport.
- El Score - American sports coverage
- Live Sports with the Major Arena Soccer League [MASL], Dominican Republic Baseball League and Canela Boxing.
- Campeonas - a sports show covering this year's biggest event for women's soccer from Australia and New Zealand.
Canela Media keeps elevating Hispanics while challenging the status quo in everything that they do, now through Canela Connect, providing advertisers unprecedented OTT scale and an expanded content strategy, making Canela Media the video leader in multicultural.
About Canela Media
Canela Media is a leading, minority-owned technology driven company offering brands a complete ecosystem to connect with multicultural audiences starting with its free streaming platform service, Canela.TV, which enriches the new generation of U.S. Latinos with free access to unique, culturally relevant content. In addition to TV content, Canela Media offers a unique blend of music programming through Canela Music featuring emerging and established Latino artists, Spanish-language Children's content through Canela Kids and sports programming through Canela Deportes.
Canela Media's large scale in premium Spanish-language sites, combined with the company's proprietary data, provides in-depth knowledge and understanding of how to establish meaningful and culturally relevant connections with the new mainstream – Hispanics across the U.S. and Latin America.
Headquartered in New York, Canela Media is ranked as the fifth largest Hispanic ad-focused company and the only female and minority-owned certified digital company.
For more information, please visit http://www.CanelaMedia.com.
Jennifer Fugel, Briz Media Group, 8456574202, [email protected]
SOURCE Canela Media