WASHINGTON (PRWEB) November 30, 2018
The Capital CIO Leadership Association (CapitalCIO) announced the winners of its inaugural CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. CapitalCIO recognized chief information officers in four key categories – Global, Enterprise, Corporate and Nonprofit/Government. The ORBIEs were presented at the Capital CIO of the Year Awards at the Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the Capital CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries, and our world,” said Lisa LaRoque, Executive Director of CapitalCIO. “Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2018 Capital CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Bruce Hoffmeister, Global Chief Information Officer, Marriott International – Leadership ORBIE
- Erich Windmuller, SVP & CIO, DXC Technology - Global ORBIE companies over $1.5 billion annual revenue & significant multi-national operations
- Judith Apshago, VP & CIO, U.S. Silica - Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue
- Ramesh Bulusu, CIO, United Educators Insurance - Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $1 billion annual revenue
- Kevin Nally, CIO, U.S. Secret Service – Nonprofit/Government ORBIE for not-for-profit associations & government organizations
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 650 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 170 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The Award honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- The size and scope of responsibilities
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Tom Leighton, CEO & Co-Founder of Akamai. Over 350 guests attended, representing leading Capital Area organizations and their technology partners.
The 2018 Capital CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Gold sponsors: VMware, Splunk, Equinix, Citrix, Zscaler
- Silver sponsors: Appian, Mindtree, Veritas, Carahsoft, Akamai
- Bronze sponsors: NTT Data, Fuze, Workday, Deltek, BIAS Corporation, XL Solutions, Sagitec, Majesco & Salesforce
- Media partner: The Washington Business Journal
About the Capital CIO Leadership Association
The Capital CIO Leadership Association (CapitalCIO) is the preeminent professional association for Capital Area chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
CapitalCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. CapitalCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.
- Achieve your leadership potential through CapitalCIO: http://www.CapitalCIO.org