WASHINGTON (PRWEB) November 20, 2020
CapitalCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. CapitalCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Enterprise, Corporate, Public Sector, Healthcare, and Nonprofit. The CapitalCIO of the Year Awards were presented virtually.
“The CapitalCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Jen Wise, Executive Director of CapitalCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 CapitalCIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Dana Deasy, CIO, Department of Defense received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- John Lambeth, EVP & CIO, Maximus received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $3 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Kristie Grinnell, Global CIO, Chief Supply Chain Officer & VP IT, General Dynamics Information Technology received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue.
- Chris Soong, CIO & SVP, Alion Science and Technology received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $1 billion annual revenue.
- Brian McGrath, CIO, U.S. Department of Justice/Office of Justice Programs received the Public Sector ORBIE for government organizations.
- Kathleen Perry, SVP & CIO, Mercy Health Services received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospital & healthcare organizations.
- Keith McIntosh, VP & CIO, University of Richmond received the Nonprofit ORBIE for education & nonprofit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,200 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 300 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Doug Merritt, CEO of Splunk. Over 300 guests attended virtually, representing leading Capital Area organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 CapitalCIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Splunk, Grant Thornton & ePlus Technology
- Gold sponsors: VMWare, Verizon & Accenture
- Silver sponsors: Slalom, Citrix, Appian, NetCraftsmen, Zscaler, Salesforce, Varonis, BIAS, Slack, Insight & Acquia
- Bronze sponsors: CohnReznick, TIBCO, ServiceNow, Unanet, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, GDIT, Global Alliant Inc, Radiant Innovative, SM Tech/New Field Technologies, Arista, Okta, Cybermedia Technologies & Between Pixels
- Media partner: Washington Business Journal
- About the CapitalCIO
CapitalCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Capital Area chief information officers. CapitalCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
CapitalCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.