"Car insurance policies can't protect drivers in any situation. Sometimes, their insurance policies can get voided from various reasons like unapproved customization, or because they used their personal cars to do business", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) March 04, 2020
Car insurance exclusions are provisions written in the insurance contract. They exclude coverage for a particular driver or event. Carefully check the Exclusions section before signing any contract. Drivers can also check https://compare-autoinsurance.org/ for more info about car insurance and free quotes.
The most common car insurance exclusions include:
- Damage caused by unregistered drivers. It's quite common for a driver to borrow the car to a friend or a relative. In most cases, these friends or relatives are not registered in the car insurance contract. If any of these unregistered friends or relatives is at-fault in a car accident, then the insurance company can void the insurance policy and deny any claims.
- Damaging the car on purpose. Intentionally damaging the car is another typical exclusion. Companies will investigate the cause of the damage before resolving any claim. If the damage was caused on purpose, the claim will be rejected and the policyholder can be even accused of a fraud attempt.
- Using a personal car for commercial purposes. Many insurance companies will not cover an accident if the vehicle was used to deliver goods or materials at the moment of the accident. For any commercial use, the policyholder must purchase commercial car insurance.
- Unapproved customization. Drivers that are modifying their vehicles without announcing their insurers, might get in trouble. The customized parts will not be covered by the insurance provider, and in many cases, the entire vehicle will become uninsurable. Most car insurance contracts require the policyholders to announce their insurers if they plan to modify their vehicles. If they fail to do that, then the insurance contract can be voided.
- Consequential damage. This type of damage refers to other losses or damage that resulted from a claimable event. For example, drivers can lose their wages if they are not capable to drive to their workplace as a result of a car accident. This type of damage is not covered by car insurance companies.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, free quotes and money-saving tips, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/