“Drivers should consider the advantages and disadvantages of changing their current insurance provider, before making a decision.”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) January 29, 2020
Changing their insurance provider is a move that drivers have to analyze it carefully. There are many reasons for drivers to change their insurance company, from unfair premiums, up to rude and unsatisfactory customer support. Drivers that want to switch their carriers should consider following these steps:
- Deciding when to make the move. The ideal time for switching carriers is three to four weeks before policy renewal. This will guarantee the policyholders have enough time to find a policy and to qualify for an early shopper discount.
- Buy a new policy before canceling the old one. Insurance gaps can be costly, not only when drivers have accidents, but also if their state’s laws penalize registered cars without continuous coverage.
- Policyholders should consider important life changes. Drivers can change their insurance carrier at any time, but some changes in their lives can make the switch to happen earlier. Important life events, like getting married, moving to a better neighborhood, or the purchase of a better safer vehicle can make the policyholders save money on their premiums.
- Acknowledge the consequences. Some insurers will charge the policyholders an early cancelation fee. If they stayed with the same insurer for some years, and they decide to cancel their policy, drivers will lose their loyalty discount. Some insurance carriers will offer discounts for new drivers, and a part of the losses that are incurred by switching providers can be compensated.
- Drivers should consider canceling their old policy in writing. Their old insurance company may ask for the new policy number so that the authorities will know they are continuously covered.
- Confirm cancelation and ask for a refund. Policyholders should make sure their old insurance company confirms the cancelation. Otherwise, the old insurance company will automatically renew their policy and cancel them for nonpayment. Policyholders can get a refund for their unused premium if they cancel early.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org.