COVID-19 has created an unprecedented opportunity to create a healthcare ecosystem integrated into people’s homes and daily lives using innovative home devices and wearables,” said Craig Cooper, CEO and Managing Director of CardieX.
IRVINE, Calif. (PRWEB) October 30, 2020
CardieX Limited (ASX: CDX), a global health technology company focused on hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and vascular health disorders, today announced the launch of ATCOR·X, a new division focused on developing and licensing clinically meaningful health data algorithms for consumer wearables and connected fitness devices. ATCOR·X wearable features are based on the company’s FDA-cleared and patented SphygmoCor® technology for measuring arterial waveforms and central blood pressure.
“The seismic shift to remote care driven by COVID-19 has created an unprecedented opportunity to create a healthcare ecosystem integrated into people’s homes and daily lives using innovative home devices and wearables,” said Craig Cooper, CEO and Managing Director of CardieX. “We’re launching ATCOR·X to accelerate development and drive adoption of our SphygmoCor® technology – the global gold-standard for non-invasive measurement of central blood pressure waveforms and arterial stiffness – and to improve the health of millions of Americans with hypertension as well as those who have lasting cardiovascular damage as a result of COVID-19.”
Under the ATCOR·X brand, CardieX will develop and license its Arty™ platform consisting of a unique feature set of enhanced biometric heart and arterial health measurements that can be tailored for risk assessment and to manage cardiovascular and renal disease, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, arterial stiffness and vascular aging, diabetes, maternal health, and other chronic disease.
- Heart Stress™ (HS) – Measures the level of stress on the heart due to the hardening of arteries, which can be a sign of cardiovascular risk.
- Exercise Capacity™ (eCap) – Measures the heart’s ability to provide oxygenated blood to cells based on the body’s performance demands. Unlike VO2 max, eCap indicates potential exercise endurance based on cardiovascular health.
- Heart Rate (HR+™) – Provides accurate, medical-grade, beat-to-beat heart rate (HR) measurement equivalent to standard ECG-based methods with greater accuracy than HR measurements common in other wearables.
- Arterial Age™ – Compares an individual’s heart health with healthy people their age to indicate the biological age of their heart compared to chronological age.
- Arterial Stiffness Factor™ (ASF) – Measures the flexibility of an individual’s arterial and vascular system to indicate risk for cardiovascular events tied to arterial stiffness, such as heart attack, stroke, and dementia.
- Irregular Heartbeat – Helps an individual identify if they are experiencing an abnormal heartbeat without the use of an ECG, which may be a sign of atrial fibrillation.
- HRV+™ – Heart Rate Variability Plus provides beat-to-beat HR measurement of a user’s autonomic nervous system (ANS), parasympathetic (rest and relax) and sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous systems to indicate biological stress.
- Vitals Risk™ – Identifies the risk of heart, brain, and other organ damage from cardiovascular disease based on the user’s own data.
- BP Variability (BPV+™) – Shows the variability of brachial blood pressure, representing how stable one’s blood pressure is over time.
- Heart Performance Index™ (HPX) – Measures how efficiently an individual’s heart works to meet the body’s demand for oxygen and blood flow indicating how healthy an individual is. Research has shown exercise and a healthy lifestyle can help improve your HPX score and improve your day to day performance.
- Arty™ Score – Combines Heart Stress, Exercise capacity (eCAP), Heart Rate (HR+), and Arterial Age to quantify an individual’s unique heart and arterial health risk profile.
The above measures can be combined into comprehensive cardiovascular dashboards and also can be used to develop personalized fitness, diet and lifestyle coaching services to help individuals improve their health through nutrition and exercise.
ATCOR·X builds on the Company’s recently announced commercial partnerships and integrations with both Mobvoi, one of the world’s largest smartwatch and AI companies, and Andon, one of Chinas largest manufacturers of home medical devices.
CardieX is a global health technology company that focuses on hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and other vascular health disorders. The company’s ATCOR division is the world leader in medical devices for measuring arterial stiffness and central blood pressure waveforms based on its unique FDA-cleared and patented SphygmoCor® technology. Under the ATCOR·X brand, the company also develops and licenses its Arty™ platform consisting of physiological and health analytics for wearable devices. The company’s digital platform, ArtyNet™, is a connected SaaS ecosystem providing physicians with a complete telehealth solution for remotely managing patients’ health (2021 launch). CardieX is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:CDX).