With the many customer requested enhancements we feel confident that companies will see improvements in their journey to build better products through mechanical variation management.”
MCKINNEY, Texas (PRWEB) May 23, 2023
Sigmetrix, experts in mechanical variation management, announced their latest version of CETOL 6σ tolerance analysis software, version 11.4.0, is now available for immediate download. Tolerance analysis benefits businesses in many ways. It helps improve profitability by balancing quality with manufacturing cost. Companies can also realize faster time to market by reducing the need for additional design and prototype cycles. Finally, it allows companies to gain confidence in their product and process decisions before making costly investments.
CETOL 6σ enables product development teams to understand the often-complex impact of dimensional and assembly variation easily and fully on their designs. This knowledge enables them to make the proper adjustments before problems appear in manufacturing or, even worse, in their customers’ hands. Users of all expertise levels will appreciate the multiple levels of assistance available within the software. This new version of CETOL 6σ builds upon the powerful features already in place and adds many improvements, including:
- Measurement Objectives – When defining a measurement, you can set a measurement objective based on a statistical quality metric or a worst-case range. When solving the model, each measurement objective is marked either Pass or Fail. This allows for a quick scan of the model for measurement concerns
- Improved CAD Annotation Linking and Importing– Datum import symbols may be imported from and linked to the CAD model. When importing feature annotations, dimensions and geometric tolerances are identified based on MBD principles. Feature and sketch dimensions are no longer imported. Only size dimensions created via the MBD Dimension or optional MBD Toolbars are now imported by CETOL.
- Non-Centered Profile Tolerancing – Profile tolerances may include an unequally disposed modification, Ⓤ, for ASME Y14.5 models or specified offset, UZ for ISO GPS for the following features including Plane, Cylinder, Sphere, Cone, and Torus features.
- Custom Parameters – In addition to the three pre-defined parameters (i.e. Custom 1, Custom 2, and Custom 3) you can now add an unlimited number of custom parameters for which you can specify a name and a value. These parameters can be used for capturing additional information that can be included in reports.
- Differentiated Support for Tolerancing –Users can now specify the Tolerance Standard (ASME Y14.5 or ISO GPS) used by each part. The Tolerance Standard can be set automatically from the CAD model or manually by the user.
As with prior releases, CETOL 6σ v11.4.0 is available in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
Sigmetrix President and CEO, James Stoddard states, “we are excited to release CETOL 11.4.0 to the market. With the many customers requested enhancements we feel confident that companies will see improvements in their journey to build better products through mechanical variation management.”
Sigmetrix provides a complete portfolio helping customers design and produce better products through mechanical variation management. In addition to CETOL 6σ, Sigmetrix offers an array of software and training solutions including:
- EZtol, a 1D analysis tool designed to make it easier to create, manage and report upon multiple 1D tolerance analyses in an assembly.
- Training provided through more than a dozen instructor-led and computer-based courses covering basic to advanced GD&T/GPS, MBE, and MBD.
- Consulting and implementation services team with years of experience in tolerance analysis and GD&T definition offer a variety of consulting services to augment your team, speed your project along and run analyses for your assemblies.
CETOL 6σ 11.4.0 is available immediately for current users at: https://sigmetrix.flexnetoperations.com
For more details on the capabilities of CETOL 6σ, visit https://www.sigmetrix.com/products/cetol-tolerance-analysis-software.
Save the Date! On Wednesday June 7th at 11:00AM EST join Sigmetrix’s Application Engineer, Ross Snyder present a live webinar focused on the CETOL 6σ 11.4.0 release.
Sigmetrix has been helping companies produce better products for over 20 years through a combination of software solutions, training, and consulting services that focus on managing the impact of mechanical variation. For more information, visit their website at https://www.sigmetrix.com.