CHARLOTTE, N.C. (PRWEB) September 11, 2020
CharlotteCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. CharlotteCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, and Education. The CharlotteCIO of the Year Awards were presented virtually.
“The CharlotteCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Monique Cook, Executive Director of CharlotteCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 Charlotte CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Angela Yochem, EVP, CDO & CTO, Novant Health, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Seemantini Godbole, EVP & CIO, Lowe’s, received the Super Global ORBIE for organizations over $17 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Shoukat Ali Bhamani, VP, CIO & CDO, Schaeffler Group, received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Darrell Fernandes, Head of Product Technology, TIAA, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $5 billion annual revenue.
- Darrell Thompson, SVP & CIO, Coca-Cola Consolidated, received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations up to $5 billion annual revenue.
- Elizabeth Austin, CIO, Curvature, received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
- David Blattner, CTO, Rowan-Salisbury Schools, received the Education ORBIE for schools & nonprofit education organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,000 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 200 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Jacky Wright, CDO & CVP of Microsoft US. Over 300 guests attended virtually, representing leading Charlotte organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 Charlotte CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Veristor, Dell Technologies, Insight & Google Cloud
- Gold sponsors: CompuCom, Citrix, Zscaler & Cognizant
- Silver sponsors: Hylaine, Flexential, ServiceNow, Zerto, Salesforce, Box & ThoughtWorks
- Bronze sponsors: Cumberland Group, Deloitte, Splunk, TIBCO, Anaplan, Optimum/Clearsense, Miracle Software Systems, Wipro, Macro Integration Services, TaskTop, ettain group, Aryaka, Capgemini & Between Pixels
- Media partner: Charlotte Business Journal
- National partner: Year Up
About the CharlotteCIO
CharlotteCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Charlotte chief information officers. CharlotteCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
CharlotteCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.
Achieve your leadership potential through CharlotteCIO: http://www.CharlotteCIO.org
Stay connected with CharlotteCIO at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/CharlotteCIO