LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) February 19, 2020
Car insurance is required by law across the United States. Without meeting the state’s minimum requirements, a driver cannot legally drive. Some people may consider car insurance too expensive (and, in fact, it really expensive for some categories of drivers) and decide to drop coverage. This is a huge mistake, which can have really unpleasant consequences. The alternative is to make premiums cheaper. Check the next ways to reduce insurance costs:
- Maintain a clean driving record. Although this may seem obvious, being a safe driver is the best way to keep premiums under control. Furthermore, being a safe driver and staying with the same driver for a number of consecutive years will grant driver access to some discounts and bonuses. Avoid traffic violations, like speeding, ignoring signs and red light or DUI/DWI. Accumulating too many traffic violations may determine the insurer to cancel current and future bonuses.
- Be honest when declaring the main driver. Some people lie when applying for car insurance and assign a more experienced person as the main driver. This is called “fronting” and it is considered a fraud. If this is discovered (usually after a claim), the insurance company will decline the claim and will begin a thorough investigation. The fraud will be recorded and any insurance company will know who they are dealing with.
- Do not borrow the car to inexperienced drivers. Even if his relatives or friends ask it, if they are horrible drivers, the policyholder should respectfully decline. If those persons commit or get involved in an accident, the insurer will investigate the case and the policyholder will be held responsible.
- Pay the premiums in advance. Paying-in-full is a smart way to reduce insurance costs. As advertised by many online forms, paying everything in advance can save the policyholder as much as 15%.
- Avoid filing claims for minor accidents. It is not recommended to bother the insurer for just a few scratches or dents which can be easily repaired and will cost little. Compare the repair costs with the existing deductibles.
- Park the car in a safe location. The place where the car is usually parked is very relevant for insurance companies. They correlate the location with the chances of being stolen or vandalized. When filling online questionnaires users may be asked if the car is kept at the specified ZIP or in another location. The best place to park a car is in a personal garage. The second best place is in a well-lit parking lot. Companies offer better premiums to those who park their cars in any of those 2 locations.
- Maintain a good credit score or improve it. When filling online questionnaires, one of the most common questions is related to credit score standing. Naturally, people with Excellent status will get better prices. Improving the credit score is possible, but requires financial counseling from experts. Some strategies may imply using balance transfer credit cards or short term loans.
- Enroll and graduate defensive driving courses. Insurance companies appreciate and reward safe drivers. People who voluntarily enrolled in defensive driving coursed and graduated them will get a discount. Furthermore, graduating courses will help drivers keep premiums low, by offsetting some future license points.
- Collaborate with a good insurance agent. Establishing a good professional relationship with an insurance agent will help drivers be updated with the latest offers and discounts. The agent will represent the client when he files a claim or for other procedures.
- Use online car insurance quotes. Online quotes will help drivers compare rates with multiple insurance providers. They will also help drivers customize coverage options and create a coverage plan suitable for the driver’s needs and financial possibilities.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information and money-saving tips, please visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/.