CHICAGO (PRWEB) May 17, 2019
The Chicago CIO Leadership Association (ChicagoCIO) announced the winners of its 2019 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. ChicagoCIO recognized chief information officers in six key categories – Leadership, Super Global, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, and Corporate. The Awards were presented at the Chicago CIO of the Year Awards at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the Chicago CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries, and our world,” said Lisa LaRoque, Executive Director of ChicagoCIO. “Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2019 Chicago CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners
- Tim Theriault, Global CIO, Director & Advisor, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Glenn Schneider, CIO/EVP Business Technology, Discover Financial Services, received the Super Global ORBIE, for organizations over $4 billion annual revenue & multi-national.
- Creighton Warren, VP & CIO, USG Corporation, received the Global ORBIE, for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue & multi-national.
- Chris Nash, CIO, Adtalem Global Education, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $1.5 billion annual revenue.
- Lisa Dykstra, SVP & CIO, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, received the Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $450 million annual revenue.
- David Hoag, SVP & CIO, Options Clearing Corporation, received the Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $450 million annual revenue.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 185 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Size and scope of responsibilities
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Tom Leighton, CEO & Co-Founder of Akamai Technologies. Tom shared his insights leading Akamai’s evolution from a Content Delivery Network (CDN) into one of the most essential & trusted cloud delivery & cybersecurity platforms. Over 600 guests attended, representing leading Chicago organizations and their technology partners.
The 2019 Chicago CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: CenturyLink, Red Hat, TEKsystems, Russell Reynolds & Burwood Group
- Gold sponsors: Akamai, Converged Technology Professionals & Mitel & Maven Wave
- Silver sponsors: VMware, AHEAD, Zerto, Zscaler, Workday, Cohesity, Splunk, PCM, PwC, Saggezza, Nvisia, Infosys & Capgemini
- Bronze sponsors: NTT Data, Western Digital, Daugherty, Peak Electric, Amdocs, Entara, Concord, Peritius Consulting, Kforce, Venetia Partners, Hyland, Dickinson + Associates, Apex Systems & Box
- Media partner: Crain’s Chicago Business
- About the Chicago CIO Leadership Association
The Chicago CIO Leadership Association (ChicagoCIO) is the preeminent professional association for Chicago chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
ChicagoCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. ChicagoCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.
- Achieve your leadership potential through ChicagoCIO: http://www.chicagocio.org