CHICAGO (PRWEB) August 14, 2020
ChicagoCIO announced the winners of its 2020 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. ChicagoCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, Public Sector, and Nonprofit. The Chicago CIO of the Year Awards were presented virtually.
“The ChicagoCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the value great leadership creates. Especially in these uncertain times, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Christa Ogilvy, Executive Director of ChicagoCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2020 Chicago CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Paul Martin, SVP & CIO, Baxter International, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Ehren Powell, VP & CIO, GE Healthcare, received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $5 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Neville Rademeyer, Global CIO, Ipsos, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue.
- Neeru Arora, SVP & CIO, Volkswagen Credit Inc, received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Jeanine Charlton, SVP, CTO & CDO, Merchants Fleet, received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $500 million annual revenue.
- Ron Guerrier, Secretary of Innovation & Technology and CIO, State of Illinois, received the Public Sector ORBIE for government & education organizations.
- Kevin Boyd, Associate VP & CIO, University of Chicago, received the Nonprofit ORBIE for not-for-profit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,000 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 200 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership.
Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware. Over 400 guests attended virtually, representing leading Chicagoland organizations and their technology partners.
The 2020 Chicago CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: CenturyLink, Red Hat, Teksystems, Insight & Burwood Group
- Gold sponsors: IT Convergence & Russell Reynolds
›› Silver sponsors: CDW, Rural Sourcing, Zscaler, AHEAD, Nvisia, Pure Storage, Workday, Intellinet/FPT, VMware, Akamai, Rimini Street, Zerto, Slack, MavenWave, Mphasis & Peritius Consulting
- Bronze sponsors: Cohesity, Splunk, Wells Fargo, Concord, Amdocs & Between Pixels
- Media partner: Crain’s Chicago Business
- About the ChicagoCIO
ChicagoCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Chicagoland chief information officers. ChicagoCIO is one of 17 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
ChicagoCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.