Our award-winning store offers a wide range of engaging and educational toys that encourage creativity and help youngsters at various developmental stages. We are hoping this list, as voted on by children themselves, will help parents discover what most interests their special child.
Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) October 21, 2018
‘Tis the season for gift-giving! Families are under pressure to find that perfect gift to surprise the little ones in their lives. No one likes to spend hours on end in crowded stores, sifting through hundreds of options and still not have a clue what the kids will like. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is here to help. Here’s the plan—let the ones who will receive the gifts figure out which toys they like best. That way, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa don’t have to play the guessing game.
Kids were invited into The Children’s Museum Store to play with toys and then vote for their favorites. 32 of this year’s favorites were laid out on tables for children to cuddle, bounce, build, and enjoy. The results are in for the 20th annual “Kid-Tested, Kid Approved” and here are the results:
1. Crayon Melter – Put those abandon crayons to use with the Crayola Crayon Melter! It brings renewed life to crayon sets everywhere with melted crayon artwork that’s easier than ever before to create.
2. HexBug Ring Racer - Design your own cylindrical robot! The HexBug Ring Racer comes with two skinny wheels connected to an electric motor in the middle. Great for any child eager to see their imagination come to life! $29.95
3. HexBug Gladiators Stadium - Customize the HexBug Gladiator for the epic duels in the HexBug Gladiators Battling Robots Stadium.
4. Dr. Cool Velociraptor Wildlife Wow – Download the app and watch the dinosaur come to life through a virtual reality experience.
5. Skeeball – This unique hand-ball game is great to entertain any group of friends! $29.95
6. Dragon Coaster-Maker Kit – Love roller coasters? Learn about the physics of a roller coaster while building a miniature one! $51.95
7. Polar Babies Floof – Floof is super moldable, soft, and easy to pack into any shape you can imagine! It comes with 3-D animal molds: Penguin, Polar Bear, and Wolf.
8. The Vortex 3 Bank – Learn how to save with The Vortex 3 Bank. You can watch coins roll perfectly onto the edge of the vortex—just like a satellite in orbit.
9. Creativity for Kids-Happy Hedgehog Sequin Pet – This little critter comes ready to craft, pet, and cuddle. Decorate it with reusable stickers!
10. Rock Crayons – These special shaped Rock Crayons are smooth as a river rock! Making it easier for small hands to draw the biggest shapes.
“Our award-winning store offers a wide range of engaging and educational toys that encourage creativity and help youngsters at various developmental stages,” said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, president and CEO, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. “We are hoping this list, as voted on by children themselves, will help parents discover what most interests their special child. Then our holiday helpers in the store can help you pick out the perfect present geared toward a wide variety of ages.”
The hard part is done; now, here’s a way to save money when buying the toys. Come back for a Black Friday 30% discount on Nov. 23, 2018 from 8:30 until 10 a.m. Get a great deal on the best toys. Then stick around to watch Santa arrive as he zooms to the museum in a real race car driven by Ed Carpenter, Indy car team owner and driver of the No. 20 Chevrolet. Carpenter will drive and Santa’s along for the ride in the IndyRacing Experience 2-seater!
Don’t forget museum memberships also make a great gift. That way, adults can enjoy the present along with the kids. Memberships may be purchased at the museum, online at http://www.childrensmuseum.org/membership, or by calling (317) 334-4000. Store hours are from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays; the store will be open until 2 p.m. on Dec. 24 to make those last minute holiday purchases.