NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Citus Health, a digital health solutions provider for the post-acute care industry, announced today that it has made available a new video chat solution to enable patients and staff with virtual visits anytime, anywhere. Citus Video Chat deepens the functionality of the Citus Health Platform adding another layer of patient engagement capability to its robust HIPAA compliant secure, schedule-aware messaging and workflow optimization tools.
Citus Video Chat provides the ability to connect nursing and other staff with the Citus Health platform from their desktop or mobile device to engage a patient through the Citus Health desktop application to perform a virtual visit. Post-acute care staff can initiate a virtual visit using the Citus Health platform, alerting the patient of the incoming call. The patient can then choose to accept the video chat request. Once accepted, the patient will join the video chat room and be able to see and interact with his/her nurse or other staff member(s).
The video chat capability also allows a field nurse to "tap" into expert assistance by using the virtual visit to remotely connect the field nurse with the expert to assist with appropriate care measures. Whether this type of virtual support is planned and scheduled as a co-visit or, an unplanned staff to staff request for assistance, virtual video chat is a powerful addition to the post-acute care toolkit. No longer will troubleshooting pumps need to be done based on verbal descriptions that often lead to unnecessary pump exchanges when a virtual visit can transport the staff to the patient's home, avoiding costly unscheduled visits for resolution.
Major Features of the Citus Health Video Chat Include:
- Ability to embed a video chat in Citus Messaging
- Notification messages
- Create and view admin messages
- Join-to-Chat option
- Participant status indicators
- Complete activity tracking from start to end of the video call
"I am thrilled to share this latest enhancement to the Citus Health Platform," commented Melissa Kozak, RN, CRNI, and Co-Founder of Citus Health. "Our team is passionate about listening to our customers and the market as we look to further innovate patient engagement and workflow processes. The Citus Video Chat solution fills another critical need for post-acute care providers, including home infusion, specialty pharmacy, and home health agencies. Our new video chat feature will dramatically improve access to care, so patients can experience more productive and higher quality lives and providers can achieve greater success in both patient and financial outcomes."
The complete Citus Health end-to-end suite of digital health solutions includes:
- Secure messaging and video chat to streamline patient to staff and staff to staff communications and eliminate inefficient phone and paper processes.
- Patient onboarding that includes therapy, payor, and diagnosis driven digital workflows that expedite authorizations and creates a clean claims process.
- FAQs for on-demand responses to common questions to improve therapy adherence.
- Integration that automates filing to and from the electronic health record and eSignature capture to expedite reimbursement.
- Outcomes tracking and important data collection that adds value for referral partners.
ABOUT CITUS HEALTH
Citus Health is a digital health transformation leader that automates critical post-acute care services to reduce per-patient costs and increase patient satisfaction. Led by a post-acute care nurse with domain expertise and an internationally recognized med tech expert, Citus Health delivers the only comprehensive on-demand digital and mobile solution set that transforms archaic processes to set a new standard of patient care and engagement. For more information, visit citushealth.com.
SOURCE Citus Health Inc.