With the Ario-GX™ powered by ClearBlade, rail companies can connect anything, via any path, to the back office located on premise or ClearBlade’s Cloud.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) March 03, 2020
ClearBlade, the industry-leading Edge Computing software company that enables enterprises to rapidly engineer and run secure, real-time, scalable IoT applications, today announced the introduction of the ARMS Ario-GX™, an Industrial IIoT Gateway with smart I/O to measure, monitor, and report status of remote assets to the Back Office, in partnership with Automated Railroad Maintenance Systems (ARMS). Transportation Products Sales Company, (TPSC) is a professional sales organization representing ClearBlade and ARMS to the North American rail market.
Operating since 1990, ARMS is recognized as an industry expert in railroad communications systems; robust power solutions; electronics used in communications, signal and locomotive applications; system integration; and tactical kitting.
With the Ario-GX™ powered by ClearBlade, rail companies can connect anything, via any path, to the back office located on premise or ClearBlade’s Cloud. The Ario-GX™ features modular scalability, robust security, and extensive flexibility. Protocols include ITCM, TCP/IP, MQTT, Modbus/TCP, SNMP, CANBUS, Echelon, and others.
This powerful gateway features 8 isolated Digital Inputs, 4 isolated Analog Inputs, 2 Relays, with ability to increase I/O via expansion modules. Connectivity features 3 Ethernet ports, 1 USB-B port, and adaptors to work with RS-232/422/485, cellular, LoRa and GPS communication devices. This novel solution features today’s IIoT technology to connect to all common legacy equipment, today’s equipment, and will be compatible with tomorrow’s equipment. ClearBlade and ARMS promote secure open standards which is demanded by today’s end user.
The Ario-GX™ Gateway:
- Connects legacy grade crossing controllers and equipment to the back office in a common format.
- Performs routine tests of crossing equipment every time a train passes utilizing ArioSense™ equipment.
- Monitors switch machine current draw and reports abnormal conditions prior to switch failure utilizing ArioSense™ equipment.
- Monitors and reports tank levels and health for snow melters, rail lubricators, and fuel cells.
- Reports status of all common hazard detectors, including slide fence, high water, high wind, and bridge fires.
“With this pre-integrated, tested and scalable gateway, together our companies are able to deliver an easily implemented and managed end-to-end solution,” said Eric Simone, CEO, ClearBlade. “Working with ARMS, we’ve been able to develop a solid solution specifically designed to serve the industry as part of the digital transformation of rail transportation, given the expertise and experience the ARMS team brings to the table. Working with the professional sales team of TPSC and their vast knowledge and relationships in the rail industry, we demonstrated our joint capabilities to develop and roll out an advanced gateway designed for the harshest conditions and adaptable to all types of software and network communications protocols. We’re extremely proud of this partnership, product and ongoing collaboration.”
Sid Bakker, President of ARMS and TPSC said, “We are excited to combine ClearBlade’s IIoT software with ARMS’ rugged hardware to launch the Ario-GX Gateway to connect remote assets of the rail industry. The quest for a highly connected railroad is technically possible and affordable today. We are not stopping there. ClearBlade’s advanced software analytics combined with ARMS’ ArioSense™ family of wireless sensors enable powerful edge compute capabilities for preventive maintenance initiatives, including automated testing. TPSC is proud to represent ClearBlade’s software platform to the rail industry”.
To learn more about the Ario-GX™ gateway and related solutions, visit https://www.armspower.com/ario/.
Note to Editors
According to the World Bank, digital technology is disrupting nearly every component of railway operations including:
- Rolling stock. Advances in automation, self-diagnosing, or real-time geolocation tracking mean that trains are becoming considerably smarter and safer.
- Control and signaling systems: digital systems can radically enhance the reliability and performance of operations. From an infrastructure/asset management standpoint, they also eliminate the need for outdated railway signal boxes and heavy copper wires.
- Railway infrastructure. Internet of things sensors and devices are opening new possibilities for obstacle and damage detection, preventive maintenance, linkages with other systems, Government agencies, logistics providers, and transport modes.
- Revolutionary communications (5G, LTE), and cloud infrastructure (backend) will offer attractive solutions for handling large volumes of data and avoiding bulky rail-side infrastructure
- Faster self-learning algorithms in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) systems make for more efficient dispatching, routing, and maintenance scheduling.
- Smart monitoring and surveillance systems are changing the way operators manage hazards, intrusions, railway crossings, and driver behavior.
ClearBlade is the industry-leading Edge Computing software company that enables enterprises to rapidly engineer and run secure, real-time, scalable IoT applications. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, ClearBlade is an award-winning, fully scalable, secure, flexible and autonomous IoT edge platform that enables companies to ingest, analyze, adapt and act on any data in real-time and at extreme scale. ClearBlade provides a consistent platform across edge, cloud and on-premise environments. For more information, please visit https://www.clearblade.com.
Transportation Products Sales Company (TPSC) is a professional sales management organization that represents select products and specialized services utilized by railroads and rail-industry contractors across North America. Founded in 1986, the privately-held company today has offices in 11 locations, including their headquarters near St. Louis, Missouri. Over the years, rail customers have been responsive to TPSC’s ability to connect them with solid solutions for locomotives, signaling, and telecommunications operations. For more information, visit https://www.tpscrail.com.
Operating since 1990, ARMS – Automated Railroad Maintenance Systems – is recognized as an industry expert in railroad communications systems; robust power solutions; electronics used in communications, signal and locomotive applications; system integration; and tactical kitting. ARMS provides customized solutions, premium products and specialized services for freight, transit and commuter railroads across North America. ARMS works directly with railroads and with their designated OEMs, contractors, consultants and material integrators. For more information, visit https://www.armspower.com.