SANTA ANA, Calif., Apr. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- CNI College is honored to be selected as the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) 2021 3rd Place-Bronze Community Service Award Winner. The CAPPS Excellence in Community Service Awards were inaugurated in 2016 to recognize CAPPS Member Schools that have demonstrated exceptional commitment to their local community. The award recognizes initiatives in community service, service learning, and civic engagement that have a significant impact on the communities served by CAPPS member schools.
"Jim and I are incredibly grateful and honored to receive this prominent award from CAPPS," said Colleen Buffington, Co-owner of CNI College. "When we started CNI College, we had a vision to provide excellence within our community and we made this a foundation of the institution. 2020 was truly an unprecedented year, but we remained flexible to respond to the needs of the community as the pandemic unfolded. In instilling the core value of community responsibility in our students, we all worked together to implement creative programs to continue fundraising efforts for our partners in the area. We are proud to say that we have been blessed with being a member of CAPPS for over 25 years, and we thank the CAPPS team for all the amazing hard work that they do on our behalf. The work that they do every day makes a difference in the lives of our students."
CNI College's outreach efforts in 2020 included:
- Students and faculty raised over $130,000 for the American Heart Association
- Helped coordinate "Parades of Praise" for several hospitals including Kaiser Permanene, UC Irvine and Anaheim Regional
- Placed several "THANK YOU HEALTH CARE WORKER" signs and banners at local hospitals and sent out CNI personal appreciation letters to the hospitals and their teams to show our support and to remind them that they are always in our hearts
- In June, Colleen Buffington received the Difference Maker Award from the Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce
- Colleen Buffington was honored with the 34th Senate District Women of Distinction 2020 Recognition, for her dedication to serving the community through CNI College
- Students participated in CPR Training with the American Heart Association, which included NO TOUCH CPR, due to COVID issues
- Supported Anaheim Police Department police officer, Shawn Boatwright with his battle with Leukemia by participating in a "Be the Match Bone Marrow Drive" to help Shawn find a match for his needed Stem Cell transplant
- Donated and catered dinner for the residents at the Orange County Ronald McDonald House
- Collected 16 units of blood for the American Red Cross
- Donated sibling backpacks and memory boxes from Forever Footprints to St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
For more information on CNI College's community outreach efforts in 2020, visit:
Patrick O'Hara, CNI College, +1 714-287-6397, [email protected]
SOURCE CNI College