During unpredictable and stressful times, thankfully, there are many things that seniors can do to stay emotionally and physically healthy and remain positive. Staying in touch with loved ones is important and although people may be physically distant, they can still remain connected.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (PRWEB) July 29, 2020
Collins Learning and Dr. Jim Collins have announced helpful information on preventing and combatting social isolation among seniors during the coronavirus pandemic.
Social isolation has always been a serious issue for many seniors, but it has been made worse due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While some seniors may experience stress and loneliness, there are ways to combat these feelings and stay mentally and emotionally healthy. That healthy feeling is critical to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
To do this, seniors can:
- Stay connected to their family and friends through video chat options like ZOOM or Skype
- Dive into You Tube and search for virtually any movie, concert, or television series from the past
- Make the best of it by doing things they never had time to do before
- Take a long, scenic drive taking in all that nature has to offer
- Focus on one’s health by getting light exercise for 15 to 30 minutes 3 or 4 times per week
- Stay emotionally fit by staying in touch with family, friends and clergy
- Stay spiritually connected by praying, reading sacred texts, and attending services on Face Book
- Do the things that bring the most happiness
During unpredictable and stressful times, thankfully, there are many things that seniors can do to stay emotionally and physically healthy and remain positive. Staying in touch with loved ones is important and although people may be physically distant, they can still remain connected. Seniors can become teachers of family history and native languages to younger family members. They can be entertained and enlightened by all the Internet has to offer. Seniors can also reset their priorities, get outside, stay strong and continue to look for things that bring them the most meaning and purpose in their life.
About Collins Learning:
Collins Learning is an online training and education solution for today's busy senior care facility. They offer all of the compliance training courses required by the state and Federal government as well as a diverse library of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for licensed healthcare professionals. Dr. Jim Collins is a Gerontologist and nationally recognized expert in wellness and health care for seniors and older Americans. Over his 30-year career Dr. Collins has always had a strong focus on education – both as a prolific author of published articles and as the founder of Collins Learning, a highly regarded education service providing training to senior care health professionals around the country.