Early-stage companies seeking to bring climate solutions to the state to compete for access to network of investors, advisors and mentors
NEW HAVEN, Conn., Oct. 6, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Connecticut Innovations(CI), the state's leading venture capital arm, today announced the companies selected to present at the VentureClash Climate Edition pitch and networking event on Thursday, October 27.
Presenting companies include:
- Air Company (New York, New York): a carbon utilization company working with industries to create planetary change
- Alt Tex (Toronto, Canada): creator of the world's most radically sustainable polyester alternative, from one of the world's largest landfill contributors – food waste
- Fermata (Tel Aviv, Israel): developer of sustainable computer vision solutions for precise plant monitoring
- IoTecha (Cranbury, New Jersey): a company focused on IoT as an enabling technology for the future of transportation electrification and power grid modernization
- Living Ink (Berthoud, Colorado): a biomaterials company creating and delivering carbon-negative pigment and ink products from algae
- Moduly (Montreal, Quebec): a company developing a technology to solve the problem of energy efficiency and the reduction of carbon dioxide
- Prime Roots (Berkeley, California): a Koji-based deli meats company
"After considering many worthy applicants, we are excited to welcome these innovative companies to New Haven and look forward to learning more about their respective visions and potential role within Connecticut's green ecosystem," said Konstantine Drakonakis, venture partner with Connecticut Innovations. "By focusing this edition of VentureClash on the climate crisis, we are supporting the future green economy innovators and entrepreneurs while also deepening Connecticut's position as a hub for companies pursuing climate-focused business strategies."
Created in partnership with Connecticut Green Bank, the Department of Economic & Community Development, the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, and the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority, VentureClash Climate Edition is a networking and pitch event bringing together companies and thought leaders to solve real-world climate issues.
The event, which will attract some of the world's most disruptive green companies, is a product of CI's new ClimateTech Fund, which seeks to invest $100 million in companies developing solutions that contribute to climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience. VentureClash Climate Edition participants will be introduced to a network of customers, investors, mentors and resources throughout the state's ecosystem, while gaining access to strategic collaboration and investment opportunities.
For more information or to apply, please visit http://www.ventureclash.com.
About VentureClash Climate Edition:
VentureClash Climate Edition is a networking and pitch event where companies and thought leaders discuss and solve for the world's biggest climate-related issues. Managed by Connecticut Innovations, VentureClash scans the globe for early-stage companies that are looking to land and expand in Connecticut. In addition to company investments, VentureClash companies also benefit from introductions to a critical network of potential customers, investors, mentors and talent.
About Connecticut Innovations:
Connecticut Innovations (CI) is Connecticut's strategic venture capital arm and the leading source of financing and ongoing support for Connecticut's innovative, growing companies. CI provides venture capital and strategic support for early-stage technology companies, financial support for innovation and collaboration, and connections to its well-established network of partners and professionals. For more information, please visit http://www.ctinnovations.com.
Lauren Carmody, Connecticut Innovations, 860.258.7829, [email protected]
SOURCE Connecticut Innovations