Growth in Connecticut must and does come from the technology sector, and these Marcum Tech Top 40 companies are exemplary of the achievements within the industry we represent in the state.
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. (PRWEB) August 21, 2018
The Connecticut Technology Council (CTC) and Marcum LLP today announce the 2018 Marcum Tech Top 40, an annual recognition of the fastest growing technology companies in Connecticut. This year’s group of top-ranked companies will be honored at the new ConnectiTECH Awards event to be held on Wednesday, October 3, at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford. A complete list of the Marcum Tech Top 40 is included below.
The Marcum Tech Top 40 has honored more than 400 Connecticut-based technology and tech-enabled companies since 2008. The awards recognize technology leaders in six industry sectors: Advanced Manufacturing; Energy and Environmental; Life Sciences; New Media, Internet, and Telecom; IT Services; and Software. Tech Top 40 companies may be either privately or publicly held, and they must have at least $3 million in annual revenue and a demonstrated record of revenue growth in each of the preceding four years.
2018’s honorees are a diverse group of businesses from around the state. Eleven companies are publicly traded, and eight have more than $1 billion in annual revenue. Two younger companies, Farmington’s Diameter Health and Stamford’s Link AKC, will be honored at the Tech Top 40 as Accelerators, a classification reserved for companies that successfully scaled to $3 million in revenue in fewer than three years.
“Marcum is extremely proud to partner with the Connecticut Technology Council to present the Marcum Tech Top 40 awards, which honor some of Connecticut’s most innovative companies,” said Michael K. Brooder, CPA, Marcum’s office managing partner in Hartford. “Over the past 11 years, this annual program has given us a fascinating glimpse into the forward thinking that keeps Connecticut on the forefront of technology innovation and business leadership. We heartily congratulate this year’s class of winners and look forward to watching their continuing contributions to Connecticut’s business environment.”
Bruce Carlson, CTC’s President and CEO added, “Growth in Connecticut must and does come from the technology sector, and these Marcum Tech Top 40 companies are exemplary of the achievements within the industry we represent in the state. As part of the ConnectiTECH Awards, the Marcum Tech Top 40 lauds the leaders in tech in Connecticut and inspires more to follow suit.”
This year’s event sponsors include Marcum LLP and Shipman & Goodwin LLC, with support from Webster Bank. Media partner for the ConnectiTECH Awards is WFSB Channel 3.
The October 3 awards program will include the presentation of the Marcum Tech Top 40, as well as two new honors: the Most Disruptive Technology and Coolest Tech Workplace Awards. These awards are designed to celebrate rising tech businesses and innovators and showcase the culture of technology in Connecticut. For more information on the Marcum Tech Top 40 and the ConnectiTECH Awards, and to register for this and other events, visit http://www.ct.org.
About the Connecticut Technology Council
The Connecticut Technology Council is a statewide association of technology companies and institutions, providing leadership in areas of policy advocacy, community building and assistance for growing companies. Speaking for 2,500 companies that employ some 200,000 residents, the mission of the Connecticut Technology Council is to spark innovation, cultivate tech talent, foster business growth, advocate for industry-beneficial law and policy, expand the scope of industry networking and professional development, and celebrate industry achievements in the state. CTC seeks to serve Connecticut’s technology ecosystem by providing leadership, support, mentoring, and advocacy to companies across every industry and at every stage of growth. For more information, visit http://www.ct.org.
About Marcum LLP
Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation, with offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., Grand Cayman and China. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum provides a full spectrum of traditional tax, accounting and assurance services; advisory, valuation and litigation support; and an extensive range of specialty and niche industry practices. The Firm serves both privately held and publicly traded companies, as well as high net worth individuals, private equity and hedge funds, with a focus on middle-market companies and closely held family businesses. Marcum is a member of the Marcum Group, an organization providing a comprehensive array of professional services. For more information, visit http://www.marcumllp.com.
2018 Marcum Tech Top 40 (including location and industry sector)
- 3Gtms, Shelton, Software
- ADNET Technologies, Farmington, IT Services
- Advanced Technology Consulting (ATC), South Windsor, IT Services
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., New Haven, Life Sciences
- Amphenol Corp., Wallingford, Advanced Manufacturing
- Barnes Group Inc., Bristol, Advanced Manufacturing
- Booking Holdings Inc., Norwalk, New Media/ Internet/ Telecom
- Chief Executive Group, LLC, Stamford, New Media, Internet, or Telecommunications
- Clarity Software Solutions, Inc., Madison, Software
- COCC, Southington, IT Services
- Cognitive Energy LLC (DBA POWWR), Newtown, Software
- Continuity, New Haven, Software
- Cyma Systems Inc., Manchester, IT Services
- Device42 Inc, West Haven, Software
- Diameter Health, Farmington, Accelerator
- EMCOR Group Inc., Norwalk, Energy/Environmental/Green Technology
- etouches, Norwalk, Software
- Exago Inc., Shelton, Software
- FACTSET Research Systems Inc., Norwalk, Software
- Foster Corporation, Putnam, Advanced Manufacturing
- HealthPlanOne, LLC, Trumbull, New Media, Internet, or Telecommunications
- IT Direct, West Hartford, IT Services
- Kyber Security, Fairfield, IT Services
- Leap the Pond, Milford, Software
- Link AKC, Stamford, Accelerator
- MediaCrossing, Stamford, New Media, Internet, or Telecommunications
- Medpricer, Guilford, Software
- Metrum Research Group, Tariffville, Life Sciences
- MResult Corporation, Mystic, IT Services
- PASSUR Aerospace, Inc., Greenwich, IT Services
- Payveris, Cromwell, Software
- Precision Combustion, Inc., North Haven, Energy, Environment, or Green Technology
- RBC Bearings Inc., Oxford, Advanced Manufacturing
- Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc., Stamford, Advanced Manufacturing
- Saisystems International, Shelton, IT Services
- Sheffield Pharmaceuticals, LLC, New London, Life Sciences
- Southridge Technology, Brookfield, IT Services
- Square 9 Softworks, New Haven, Software
- SS&C Technologies Holdings Inc, Windsor, Software
- The Marlin Company, Wallingford, Software
- U.S. Computer Connection, Stamford, IT Services
- United Technologies Corp, Farmington, Advanced Manufacturing