“Together, Microsoft Office 365 and LawToolBox Court Deadlines enhance collaboration, automate litigation workflow, and increase productivity of legal professionals.” - Nishan DeSilva, Senior Director, Microsoft Legal and Corporate Affairs
Denver, Colorado (PRWEB) August 18, 2014
With the announcement of their “Deadlines a La Carte” app, which allows attorneys to buy deadlines one-at-a-time, LawToolBox is aggressively expanding its efforts to leverage the next generation of Microsoft products. “We have been impressed by how fast LawToolBox has moved to leverage our new app model for Office and look forward to seeing future integrations with our legal-focused Office 365 initiatives,” says Nishan DeSilva, senior director within Microsoft’s Legal and Corporate Affairs group.
The LawToolBox Deadlines a La Carte app- made available on Office.com/store July 21, 2014 - gives solo practitioners and attorneys who litigate infrequently access to the same rule-based deadlines used by large law firms. From an Outlook 2013 Inbox the “App Bar” appears and users select: (1) state such as “California”, (2) court rule-set such as “CA Superior Court – LA County”, and (3) trigger date such as “Date Trial Commences” to generate a comprehensive list of deadlines. Users enter email addresses and time zones to instantly add deadlines to firm member, co-counsel or client calendars (Outlook 2003+, Google, iCal, etc.). Using this new app attorneys and paralegals can calculate deadlines from inside Office 365 without ever leaving their Outlook Inbox.
Missed deadlines have always been the number one cause of malpractice claims against litigators. In the late 1990's LawToolBox launched and patented the first rule-based court deadline calculator in the cloud to address this risk. A user logs into the LawToolBox website, sets up a lawsuit, and the rule-based calculator generates state and federal court deadlines based on rules of procedure for each court. LawToolBox updates deadlines as courts change their rules, both online and in user Outlook Calendars.
Deadlines are a critical component of case management. LawToolBox rule-based deadlines automate litigation timelines, email reminders and deadlines reports and empower every attorney and staff to better understand what needs to be done, and when.
- Managing partners view real-time reports by attorney, practice group, client or firm of upcoming deadlines noting which are “done” (without ever having to leave their Outlook Inbox)
- Responsible attorneys view who added/edited what deadline & when, with links to online legal authority
- Paralegals edit deadlines to reflect orders and customize court rules by overlaying their own deadline templates
- Transactional attorneys build their own templates online
- IT staff can activate Sync to Outlook for all or selected attorneys (paralegals hide deadlines that don’t apply)
- Legal staff can instantly add “selected" deadlines for other attorneys (e.g., managing partner, co-counsel, or client calendars ...including Outlook 2003+, Google, iCal or virtually any calendar)
“Microsoft Office 365 & Windows marketplaces have had a profound effect on LawToolBox’s ability to deliver robust court rules-based calendaring apps where litigators spend most of their day, in their Outlook Inbox!” says Jack Grow, LawToolBox President. “Together, Microsoft Office 365 and LawToolBox Court Deadlines enhance collaboration, automate litigation workflow, and increase productivity of legal professionals.” says Nishan DeSilva, senior director within Microsoft’s Legal and Corporate Affairs group.
Carol Lynn Grow, LawToolBox.com, Inc.
VP Marketing & Sales, clg(at)lawtoolbox(dot)com, 303-759-3572