We were excited to rank in the top 10 on this U.S. News & World Report list last year, but we are ecstatic to be named #1 this year
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (PRWEB) March 16, 2020
The Westin Huntsville is the #1 hotel in Alabama, according to the newly released U.S. News & World Report hotel rankings. U.S. News analyzed more than 30,000 hotels to find the best in the USA, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean, based on reputation among travel experts, guest reviews and hotel class ratings.
The 4-star hotel was recognized for its location in Huntsville's Bridge Street Town Centre and proximity to nearby shopping and activities, along with its on-site Sage Grille for Mediterranean cuisine, WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio, heated indoor-outdoor pool and other on-site amenities.
AAA recognized the property with the Four Diamond Award in 2019, saying: “This full-service property is the keystone of the Bridge Street Town Centre, an upscale outdoor shopping plaza full of restaurants, shops and entertainment. Cummings Research Park is also close by. This is a very attractive location for mixing business with pleasure. The outdoor courtyard has an elegant European feel and overlooks a large pond.”
And AFAR Magazine said of the property: “Business travelers, vacationers, and residents favor our AAA Four Diamond hotel for its sophistication, elegance, and Southern hospitality.”
The Westin Huntsville also received the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award for 2019 and was named to the Top 20 Hotels in The South.
“We continue to strive every day to be the best hotel and provide the best experience – and our passion is reignited every time we receive national recognition like this,” said Andrew Dorough, General Manager for the Westin Huntsville. “We were excited to rank in the top 10 on this U.S. News & World Report list last year, but we are ecstatic to be named #1 this year.”
The property underwent major renovations in 2017, and the hotel recently constructed and opened its new the Valencia Ballroom in April 2019. Unlike other ballrooms and meeting spaces in Huntsville, this new ballroom features floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Lake at Bridge Street, making it ideal for weddings and social events.
- The Westin hotel features 232 guest rooms, with 22 deluxe rooms and suites, as well as 2 presidential suites; and 16,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including the 8,000 square foot Mediterranean Ballroom, the city's largest hotel ballroom.
- The Element by Westin, a separate hotel brand, occupies floors 7-11 of the Westin Huntsville building and offers an additional 150 suites. This is the first “dual property” complex in the country with both the Westin and Element brands in one location.
- The pet-friendly Westin hotel is the only AAA Four Diamond rated hotel in Huntsville, as well as one of the Top 10 Hotels in Alabama and the highest rated hotel in the state according to U.S. News & World Report.
- The hotel’s Sage Bar & Grille won 1st Place at the 2019 Taste of Huntsville, and now features a new Eat Well menu that offers a selection of nutritious dishes handcrafted with guests’ well-being in mind.
- Guests enjoy the exclusive Westin Heavenly® pillowtop beds and access to the latest New Balance® workout gear for use in guest rooms, the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
The hotel is managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts. Crescent, based in Fairfax, VA, is a nationally recognized operator of hotels and resorts with properties throughout the United States and Canada.
For more information, or to book your stay or event at The Westin Huntsville, visit http://www.westinhuntsville.com or call 256-428-2000.
About Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an award winning, nationally recognized, operator of hotels and resorts. Crescent currently operates over 100 hotels & resorts in the United States & Canada. Crescent is one of the few elite management companies approved to operate upper-upscale and luxury hotels under the brand families of Marriott, Hilton & Hyatt. Crescent also operates a collection of lifestyle independent lifestyle hotels and resorts under the Latitudes Collection umbrella. Crescent’s clients include premiere REITs, private equity firms and major developers. For more information, please visit http://www.crescenthotels.com and http://www.latitudesbycrescent.com or connect with Crescent on LinkedIn.
About Westin Huntsville
Blending sophistication, elegance, and classic southern hospitality with the unique surroundings of Bridge Street Town Centre, The Westin Huntsville is the only AAA Four Diamond rated Huntsville hotel and continues to thrive as the favorite for business travelers, local clientele and vacationing visitors. Located within Huntsville's Cummings Research Park--the second largest technology center in the United States--and less than three miles from the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, the hotel offers everything a business traveler demands and everything a vacationer desires. The Westin Huntsville is an integral component of one of Huntsville's finest mixed-use development. For more information, visit http://www.westinhuntsville.com.