“Not only did we rewrite Cubasis 3 from scratch, we also had to rethink the app itself so that it looks and performs perfectly on the iPhone. It is a huge step forward with iPhone support and more than twenty user-requested features,” said Lars Slowak, Marketing Manager.
ANAHEIM, Calif. (PRWEB) January 16, 2020
Steinberg today showcased Cubasis 3, the award-winning music production app that lets musicians and producers create music anywhere they go.
Gravitating toward its desktop equivalent, Cubasis provides the same look and feel as Steinberg’s Cubase music software, and sports similar tools to perform, mix and share music productions, including many effects, hundreds of instrument sounds and third-party plug-in compatibility with Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
The All-New Cubasis
Previous versions of Cubasis only ran on the iPad, but with its third version, Cubasis has evolved into a full-fledged DAW now offering universal app support for both iPad and iPhone. This means that the app’s extensive feature set can now be used on a smaller screen without restricting usability.
Cubasis 3 is more performant than ever before, offering great new features and enhancements that let users get results quickly and easily. Group Tracks is one of many highlights that Cubasis has to offer. It combines multiple tracks so that they can be processed and mixed as though they were a single track — a special capability that is extremely useful when using the app on the limited real estate of an iPhone’s screen.
The mixer in Cubasis 3 has been revamped, now taking advantage of the entire display. It includes useful zoom modes and an eminently accurate level metering for as many tracks as are needed.
Also new in Cubasis 3 are the eight rearrangeable insert and send effects. Users can add up to eight insert and eight send effects from the many already included in Cubasis or can choose to use third-party effects via Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3. The insert effects can now be placed before or after the fader.
Other Feature Highlights
Many other feature additions and capabilities in Cubasis 3 include:
- Free Cubasis 2 in-app purchase transfer to Cubasis 3.
- MIDI resolution dramatically improved with 960 pulses per quarter note.
- 75 new effects presets.
- Undo reinvented with History List.
- Redesigned instruments and effects.
- Updated audio, MIDI and automation editors.
- Improved MediaBay: Creating folders, moving files and sharing music has never been easier in Cubasis.
- Presets for user interface scalability let Cubasis fit perfectly on either the iPhone or iPad.
- Overdub and looper recording modes.
- MicroSonic now includes even more instruments.
- Easily keep visual track with vertical event coloring.
- AU MIDI effects automation.
- Micrologue ARP (IAP) automation.
- Continuing playback while performing undo, redo and more.
Marketing Manager Lars Slowak commented: “After more than 30 free Cubasis updates for the previous two versions, it’s time to reveal what the team has been working on for quite some time now — Cubasis 3, a completely new app.
“Not only did we rewrite Cubasis 3 from scratch, we also had to rethink the app itself so that it looks and performs perfectly on the iPhone. It is a huge step forward with iPhone support and more than twenty user-requested features. And I’m very proud of our team who pulled it off, delivering the best version to date with Cubasis 3.”
Availability and Pricing
Cubasis 3 is purchased as download through the App Store and is not available for free to existing customers of previous versions of Cubasis. The price is US $49.99.
Cubasis 2 and its corresponding in-app purchases remain available in the App Store. Cubasis 2 will now be priced at US $23.99.
In addition, the price for the Full Feature Set In-App Purchase, included in Cubasis LE 2 will also be reduced to US $14.99.
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-bit floating-point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
- Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
- Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
- Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
- Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
- MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
- MIDI auto quantize
- Track duplicate
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
- Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
- Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
About Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Steinberg is known the world over for its music and audio software and hardware solutions. The company has been developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products for musicians and producers in the music, film, post production and multimedia industries since 1984. Steinberg products are used by Grammy and Oscar award-winning composers, engineers and producers. The company also offers business customers license-management and copy-protection systems.
Visit http://www.steinberg.net for further details.