NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 22, 2020
Cynet (http://www.cynet.com) today announced the State of Breach Protection 2020 Report which reveals several cybersecurity findings. One of the key insights is that most organizations are prioritizing advanced protection projects in 2020 and proactive protection is highly regarded by enterprise security professionals. A summary of the report findings and a link for the full report are available here: https://www.cynet.com/blog/2020-state-of-breach-protection-survey/
The State of Breach Protection 2020 Report is based on a December 2019 poll of 1,536 cybersecurity professionals to better understand the common practices, prioritizations and preferences within organizations with respect to protecting against breaches. Based on the results of the poll, one of the key findings is that there is a clear inclination within organizations to deploy advanced breach protection on top of standard anti-virus, firewall and email protection platforms.
The topics addressed in the report include what security professionals consider the top cyber risks; what security products these professionals have in place; the role of security services within the organization security stack; the need to consolidate the breach protection stacks and environment IT architecture and a focus on the cloud/on-premise balance. Other conclusions made in the report include:
- Lack of cybersecurity platform consolidation is a major inhibitor against protection: Challenges of maintaining a multi-product security stack (especially in advanced security product groups) are stated as both the main obstacle in reaching the desired protection level, as well as an argument for not purchasing additional required security products.
- Response orchestration beats automation: While a significant number of the organizations polled orchestrate their IR operations from a centralized interface, only a small part introduce automation to their remediation workflows.
- Organizations have mixed feelings regarding security outsourcing: While the security skill gap compels organizations to outsource the more advanced portion of their security operations, there is still a strong inclination to keep things in-house, especially with respect to active attack remediation in their environment.
- Tier 1 security solutions typically center on four product categories that comprise a security standard for the majority of organizations: Firewall, anti-virus (AV), email protection and vulnerability management are the de-facto common practices and can be regarded as baseline solutions implemented by the majority of cybersecurity professionals.
- Deployment is the Achilles heel of endpoint protection: Only a small portion of organizations report that they deploy EDR/EPP on more than 85% of their endpoints with no deployment or maintenance issues. As in many cases, EDR/EPP is regarded as the main direction against advanced attacks. This is an alarming figure.
“The underlying theme of this report is the issue of cyber technology consolidation,” said Eyal Gruner, Founder & CEO of Cynet. “While lack of consolidation is a dominant practice, most organizations view it as a core problem that must be solved. Cynet 360 is the world’s first Autonomous Breach Protection Platform that consolidates and automates endpoint, network and user protection across the full security lifecycle: proactive monitoring and control, attack prevention and detection, and response orchestration.”
To download the full report, please visit: https://www.cynet.com/blog/2020-state-of-breach-protection-survey/
Tweet this: @Cynet360 Publishes 2020 Report on the State of Breach Protection
To learn more about Cynet:
- Visit Cynet at https://cynet.com
- Follow Cynet on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/cynet360
- Follow Cynet on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/cynet-security/
- Visit the Cynet blog on the subject: https://www.cynet.com/blog/2020-state-of-breach-protection-survey/
Cynet 360 is the world’s first autonomous breach protection platform that consolidates and automates Monitoring & Control, Attack Prevention & Detection and Response Orchestration across the entire environment. Cynet 360 pioneers the use of Cynet Sensor FusionTM to continuously analyze all activity signals from the protected environment: user activity, process behavior and network traffic to provide threat protection of unmatched accuracy coupled by automated remediation workflows for all core attack vectors. Cynet 360 eliminates the need of complex multi-product security stacks, making robust breach protection within reach for any organization, visit: https://www.cynet.com.
- END -
Public Relations for Cynet