FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (PRWEB) December 09, 2020
Danby Appliances, one of North America’s leading manufacturer and distributors of compact appliances, is ‘Doing the Right Thing’ this holiday season by giving back to those who need it most.
Using a social media contest and asking for nominations by their followers, Danby is collecting names of local charities to randomly award prize packs. Danby is seeking the public’s help to nominate charities that could use an extra helping hand this holiday season.
“At Danby, our tag line is ‘Do the right thing’. What could be more right than helping those in need – especially at this time of year,” said Jim Estill, Danby Owner & CEO.
These prize packs being awarded consist of 10 product bundles each, complete with Danby appliances and other products. The contest awards 1 winner each day for 10 days, for a total of 100 prize bundles donated. As an incentive to those nominating, each person who nominates a charity is entered into a draw to win a grand prize, consisting of multiple products, including some of Danby’s most popular appliances.
The contest is open to all residents of the contiguous United States and Canada, excluding Quebec.
To date the contest has helped a number of charity organizations with donations. The winners selected since December 1st are:
- The Women and Children’s Shelter of Barrie, a women and children’s shelter in Barrie, Ontario who won 10 Danby mini fridges.
- Last Door Recovery Society, an addiction recovery service center in New Westminster, British Columbia who won 10 Danby microwaves.
- Second Harvest Heartland, a food bank in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota who won 10 Danby air purifiers.
- Pekin Salvation Army, a local Salvation Army chapter in Pekin, Illinois who won 10 Danby mini fridges.
- Medicine Hat Women’s Shelter Society, a women’s shelter in Medicine hat, Alberta who won 10 prize bundles, including backpacks, lunch bags, water bottles and more.
For more information on the charities who won please visit the contest website here.
MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES: To arrange an interview with Jim Estill, CEO of Danby, contact Cherie Bauman at CBauman@Danby.com. For media support, contact Victoria Freeman at VFreeman@Danby.com.
About Danby Appliances:
Founded in 1947, Danby is one of North America's leading manufacturer/distributors of compact appliances such as microwaves, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners. The company operates three distinct business units – Danby, MicroFridge, and Silhouette – with four North American offices, including three in the U.S. and one in Canada. For more information on Danby and its products, please visit http://www.Danby.com. Follow Danby on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.