Validated workload-specific solutions for Azure Stack HCI will give customers greater confidence in their chosen solution, and faster time-to-value. DataON MUST 3.0 demonstrates our commitment to providing innovative tools that simplify the deployment, monitoring and management of Azure Stack HCI.
ANAHEIM, Calif. (PRWEB) November 04, 2019
DataON, an industry-leading provider of hybrid cloud solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI with cloud-based Azure Services, today announced workload-specific solutions for Azure Stack HCI with DataON MUST 3.0 for Windows Admin Center. DataON is one of the first Microsoft partners to offer solutions for Azure Stack HCI optimized for specific workloads. These solutions will be showcased at DataON booth #1645 at Microsoft Ignite 2019, from November 4-7, 2019, in Orlando, Florida.
Azure Stack HCI is designed to simplify hybrid cloud scenarios, helping customers combine data center computing and Windows Server technologies with Azure management services integration. It helps customers solve IT challenges while scaling and evolving as business and IT needs change. Azure Stack HCI features the same Hyper-V based software-defined compute, storage, and networking as Azure Stack and shares similar testing and validation criteria.
To help customers select the right solution for their workloads, DataON solutions for Azure Stack HCI are now optimized for specific workloads:
- Branch office and edge – Meet the evolving IT demands of branch offices, retail storage, and field location. DataON’s Kepler 2-node and 3-node solutions, including our innovative Kepler-47 G2, were the first validated Azure Stack HCI solutions designed specifically for remote office/branch office, and edge environments.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) – Use more desktop services, highly available virtual machines, and integrated scalable storage to support your large-scale virtual implementations. DataON’s HCI-212 and HCI-224 4-node solutions provide infrastructure support for VDI, with all-flash flat (all-NVMe SSDs with no cache tier) configurations available.
- High-performance SQL Server – Deploy and manage high-performance, scalable SQL Server running on HCL. DataON’s all-flash Kepler 2-node solutions with Intel® Optane™ SSDs or Intel® Optane™ persistent memory for the cache tier are designed for high availability and faster SQL Server workload performance.
- Trusted enterprise virtualization – Leverage virtualization-based security and assurance-certified hardware to protect your security-sensitive workloads. DataON’s HCI-212 and HCI-224 4-node solutions provide infrastructure support for shielded VMs, with all-flash flat (all-NVMe SSDs with no cache tier) configurations available.
- Scale-out storage – Combine unmatched storage performance with validated hardware to centralize your organization’s file shares. DataON is the first to offer a JBOD-based hyper-converged storage solution with the DataON HCI-668, enabling petabyte-level storage and scalability.
DataON has been offering customized, turnkey solutions for Azure Stack HCI since launch, from 2-node all-flash solutions for SMB, ROBO, and edge environments to 4-node all-flash and hybrid solutions for enterprise environments.
DataON solutions for Azure Stack HCI are also verified Intel® Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, featuring 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, Intel® Optane™ DC SSDs, and Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory. DataON offers all four validated configuration solutions: data center base, data center plus, edge base, and edge plus.
DataON MUST 3.0
DataON is also announcing DataON MUST 3.0 for Windows Admin Center. The second generation MUST extension for Windows Admin Center provides real-time monitoring with alerts that free system administrator from having to continually monitor their data center.
DataON MUST 3.0 features:
- A redesigned dashboard – Provides an overview of your Azure Stack HCI environment, including server nodes and cluster utilization.
- Enhanced disk mapping – Provides a clear disk map of your entire node including number of disks, disk type, location and slot of each drive, and disk health status. MUST now supports over 20 configurations for disk mapping.
- Alert services – Provides real-time e-mail alerts to system administrators based on Microsoft Health Service faults. E-mail alerts can be setup based on multiple levels, such as critical, warning, and information.
- New call home service –Integrates alert services with Azure Analytics to provide real-time monitoring of DataON solutions for Azure Stack HCI for disk failures or predicted disk failures. MUST can notify system administrators and start the process to send a replacement disk.
- New diagnostics deployment tool – Simply click a button to generate a report of your environment, pull your configuration and disk mapping from Azure Cloud, and complete your installation.
These new features provide additional functionality to MUST which already adds to the Windows Admin Center experience by providing disk mapping, historic data reporting, call home service, and system alerts.
“With DataON MUST, DataON was the first company to provide a custom-built monitoring and management tool for Windows Server 2016 HCI deployments, and one of the first companies to provide a native extension for Windows Admin Center,” said Howard Lo, vice president of sales and marketing, DataON. “MUST 3.0 demonstrates our commitment to providing innovative tools that simplify the deployment, monitoring and management of Microsoft Azure Stack HCI environment through Windows Admin Center.”
Bernardo Caldas, Partner Director, Windows Server at Microsoft Corp. said, “As customers’ IT and business needs change, Microsoft and its partners continue to provide solutions that are robust and flexible. Microsoft is proud to have partners such as DataON who have developed solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI that meet the needs of customers who are shifting to hyper-converged infrastructure and hybrid scenarios for better data center efficiencies.”
MICROSOFT AZURE SERVICES FROM DATAON
As a certified Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, DataON is committed to delivering complete hybrid cloud solutions to our customers. We have certified Azure Administrators on staff to help you design and deploy Azure Services like Azure Site Recovery for disaster recovery, Azure File Backup and Azure Blob storage for cloud backups, and Azure Monitor for predictive monitoring for data center environments. Our hybrid cloud service fully integrates DataON’s on-premises Azure Stack HCI with Azure Cloud for a true hybrid cloud experience through Windows Admin Center and DataON MUST.
THE DATAON DIFFERENCE
DataON is exclusively focused on customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” to deploy Windows Server-based hybrid cloud and storage solutions. Our team of Microsoft experts know how to design, deploy and support Windows Server storage and will work with you to performance tune your workloads with benchmarks. DataON solutions are:
- Customer-proven with over 650 enterprise deployments and greater than 150PB of Storage Spaces Direct deployments.
- Certified for Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Server.
- Validated for Azure Stack HCI and Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) programs.
- Validated Intel® Select Solutions for Azure Stack HCI. DataON is the first Intel® Premium Partner to offer all four validated configuration solutions: data center base, data center plus, edge base, and edge plus.
- Exclusive DataON MUST monitoring and management tool that integrates with Windows Admin Center to provide the ultimate management and hybrid cloud services experience for Azure Stack HCI environments from a single integrated console.
DataON is a hybrid-cloud computing company focused on delivering Microsoft Azure Stack HCI, on-premises storage systems, intelligent edge appliances, and cloud-based Microsoft Azure Services. Our company is helping enterprises and customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” to modernize their IT with Microsoft applications, virtualizations, and data protection through a complete and turnkey experience.
With over 650 HCI clusters and 150PB of storage deployed, DataON enterprise-level solutions are designed to provide the highest level of performance, manageability, and security offered. DataON is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Microsoft Cloud Service Provider (CSP), and an Intel Platinum Partner.
For more information, go to http://www.dataonstorage.com or call +1 (714) 441-8820.
All trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, brands and names mentioned herein are property of their respective owners.