PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) February 06, 2023
Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong, Ambassador Jon M. Huntsman, Jr. and MAS Chief Fintech Officer Sopnendu Mohanty are among 600 leaders who will explore global business challenges and opportunities at the business conference.
What: Following a three-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Wharton Global Forum returns to Singapore March 10-11. Hosted by the world’s first collegiate school of business, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, the business conference will bring together more than 600 leaders in business and government along with Wharton professors and alumni to explore the most critical issues facing global businesses today. The event will feature faculty lectures, roundtable discussions and candid remarks by the region’s most exciting entrepreneurs, trailblazing investors and industry experts.
Speakers will share their deep expertise and insider perspectives, while examining the biggest disruptors and innovations that are driving the future of business in Singapore, Asia and the world. Sessions will cover topics such as ESG, fintech & decentralized finance, real estate opportunities & risks, artificial intelligence, the future of work, electric vehicles and more.
Participants will learn best practices and interact with the most experienced minds in global business via engaging keynotes, fireside chats, A-list networking events and master classes taught by Wharton’s renowned faculty.
Who: Global Forum Singapore featured speakers include:
- Erika James, Dean, the Wharton School
- Lawrence Wong, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance
- Jon M. Huntsman, Jr., Former U.S. Ambassador to China, Russia and Singapore (Ret) and Former Governor of Utah
- Dr. Zeti Aziz, Former Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief Fintech Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Jacqueline Poh, Managing Director, Singapore Economic Development Board
- Jing Zhang, Executive Director at Trade & Working Capital, J. P. Morgan
- Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, Executive Director & CEO, Temasek Holdings
- Wharton faculty including Janice Bellace, Itay Goldstein, Joao Gomes, Martine Haas, Witold Henisz, Kartik Hosanagar, John Paul MacDuffie, Lori Rosenkopf, Nancy Rothbard and Maisy Wong
- Additional alumni and guests from Nissan Motor Co., DBS Bank, Paytm, Changi Airport Group, YouTrip, Blackstone and more
Where: Shangri-La Singapore, 22 Orange Grove Road, Singapore 258530
When: Friday, March 10, 8 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. SGT & Saturday, March 11, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. SGT
View the complete Global Forum Singapore event schedule; day time events are open to the media
RSVP: Registration is required. Journalists should contact Archetype Singapore at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the event and to coordinate any interview requests.
Registration for alumni and the public is available here: Global Forum Registration.
About the Wharton School
Founded in 1881 as the world’s first collegiate business school, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is shaping the future of business by incubating ideas, driving insights, and creating leaders who change the world. With a faculty of more than 235 renowned professors, Wharton has 5,000 undergraduate, MBA, executive MBA and doctoral students. Each year 13,000 professionals from around the world advance their careers through Wharton Executive Education’s individual, company-customized, and online programs. More than 104,000 Wharton alumni form a powerful global network of leaders who transform business every day. For more information, visit http://www.wharton.upenn.edu.