The mission behind Plant Based World is to bring the plant-based lifestyle to a mainstream audience, and what’s more mainstream than professional football? Derrick and Charity are helping pioneer this movement.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) April 10, 2019
Derrick Morgan, Linebacker for the Tennessee Titans and his wife, plant-based Chef Charity Morgan will present Plant-Based Play Makers as the Closing Community Day keynote on June 8, 2019 at Plant Based World Conference & Expo (PBW). The Expo will be taking place on June 7 – 8, 2019 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. To register for the event, visit http://plantbasedworldexpo.com/.
“We are thrilled to give our entire audience the opportunity to hear from Derrick and Charity and learn how plant-based diets can improve the health and performance of athletes on and off the field,” said Ben Davis, Content & Communications Director, Plant Based World. “The mission behind Plant Based World is to bring the plant-based lifestyle to a mainstream audience, and what’s more mainstream than professional football? Derrick and Charity are helping pioneer this movement by encouraging world-class athletes and the youth they inspire to make the plant-based shift.”
Derrick Morgan, Linebacker for the Tennessee Titans and Chef Charity Morgan are leading the way in demonstrating to mainstream culture that there is no need to eat meat in order to be a play maker. Derrick made the transition to a plant-based diet to improve his performance on the field only to receive backlash and ridicule from his teammates. After seeing the delicious meals his wife Charity was whipping up, combined with his ability to play better and recover faster, the ridicule quickly turned to curiosity. This keynote presentation will dive into the myths that have run their course in society regarding the perceived need for animal products in order to be strong and athletic. Derrick and Charity will share their story of breaking down barriers by bringing plant-based eating into the NFL locker room and discuss their vision for the future of sports, food and nutrition.
Derrick Lee Morgan is an American football linebacker. Morgan was selected 16th overall by the Titans in the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Georgia Tech.
Chef Charity Morgan received her culinary degree from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts and has over 15 years of cooking experience. She specializes in plant-based culinary and is impassioned about health and nutrition. She is determined to provide people with a different outlook on the commonly stereotyped plant-based diet lifestyles. Charity also provides vegan meal preps for many NFL players.
Plant Based World Conference & Expo (PBW) is a two day event starting on Friday, June 7 (both days will be open to business and healthcare professionals). On Saturday, June 8, PBW will be open to the general public as well for Community Day for all who are interested in learning more about living a plant-based lifestyle. During Community Day, attendees will have the chance to discover the latest plant-based foods, products and services, attend keynote presentations and hear from subject matter experts as well as meet others who are passionate about living healthy lifestyles.
The Community Day programming will include the following educational sessions. For information on each session and a list of speakers, visit http://plantbasedworldexpo.com/sessiontrack-communityday.asp
- Hip Hop Is Green – Bringing Health and Wellness to Urban Communities - (10:30 – 11:30am) Speakers from PBW official non-profit Hip Hop is Green and its allies will discuss how urban communities can find education and access to healthier, more wholesome food options.
- What Our Kids Are Eating – A Discussion on School Food (11:45am – 12:45pm) – Join Brooklyn Borough President, Eric Adams, Dietitian Sharon Palmer and leaders from Mondays Campaigns, Coalition for Healthy School Food and Real Food for Kids in a discussion on how to improve the food that kids are fed in the school system.
- Creating a Just and Humane Food System (2:00pm – 3:00pm) Gene Baur, co-founder of Farm Sanctuary, moderates a discussion with leaders from The Humane Society of the United States, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and experts in ethical psychology.
- How a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet Can Prevent and Reverse Chronic Diseases, (3:15pm – 4:15pm) will be presented and moderated by Forks Over Knives. Learn from health experts and success stories on the power of whole food, plant-based eating.
- Plant-Based Nutrition for Athletic Performance (4:30pm – 5:30pm) Will be presented and moderated by Switch 4 Good, a campaign centered around Olympic athletes who have shifted away from animal foods for their performance and health.
Plant Based World Conference & Expo will feature leading plant-based food industry companies such as Saturday Morning Keynote presenter, Beyond Meat, Founding Partner, Follow Your Heart; Gold Sponsors 22 Days Nutrition, No Evil Foods, and Good Catch Foods; and Silver Sponsors Daiya, Tofurky and Miyoko's Kitchen. Other Sponsors include Dr. Praeger's, Ingredion and Upton's Naturals. For more information, click here. Companies interested in exhibiting can contact Michelle Bonina, Sales & Business Development Director at 203-416-1924 or Michelle@theplantbasedworld.com. For more information about Plant Based World Conference & Expo, visit http://www.plantbasedworldexpo.com/.
Plant Based World is produced by JD Events, dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities – all geared toward increasing collaboration in the markets it serves. Visit http://www.jdevents.com for more information.