Taking the time to focus on growing a brand is slightly different than optimizing your posts for maximum engagement.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) February 11, 2019
Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as a top Digital Firm within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Brand position is critical to sustained growth for a business. There are many ways to approach brand positioning and one method is to successfully utilize social media accounts to promote a brand to both current and prospective clients by showcasing value along with personality to control market perception. Today NY based Digital Marketing Company, Lounge Lizard, shares 5 Insider Tips to Grow your Brand on Instagram.
Taking the time to focus on growing a brand is slightly different than optimizing your posts for maximum engagement. When it comes to engagement there is a focus on staying within a theme, using photo editors, tracking topics with a content calendar, and other more general tips. Growing a brand puts the focus squarely on adding new followers and enhancing the relationship with existing followers.
- Test until you find the best post frequency – There is a fine line between just enough and too much. On social media platforms such as Instagram it is important to test to find the best post frequency so that followers are not overwhelmed and become tone deaf to messages or starved for new content. It is important to stay relevant without becoming noise or simply annoying. Post frequency optimization should be performed on a regular basis, varying the number of posts per day (or week) and alternating times of the day for posting to determine the highest engagement points and then focusing on them.
- Cross promote posts periodically – Note that this says periodically and not always. One way to add new followers is by accessing existing followers that enjoy a brand on other social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. and inviting them to follow on Instagram with well-timed cross promoting. If a person follows a brand on one social media platform it is likely they will be interested in joining another because they already have an interest in that brand and its value. This in turn opens the door to more sharing and greater reach. Additionally, those cross-promotion posts can increase the reach of the original content as it spreads it to other networks.
- Regularly interact with followers – A key to social media is the actual act of being social, however many brands fail in this regard. It is not enough to just post to or at followers; people expect and appreciate some level of engagement and interaction. For example, if a follower comments on a post it takes a few seconds to post a reply – even a simple “thank you”. This is an effortless way to increase customer loyalty. Responding to posts can also start conversations and increase engagement and interest in a post as well as showcasing your brand’s personality. Another way to increase communication is by creating posts that request interaction such as contests, asking that followers tag five friends who would enjoy the post, or asking questions in a post to illicit responses. Finally, a brand should take the time to follow back those followers who help promote the brand regularly.
- Repurpose and reuse content – Great content can find new life on different platforms; it is often just a matter of repurposing that content to fit the platform. Instagram is a visual site so to utilize a great blog from last year an appropriate image or infographic could be used along with a link to the original article. A brand can also repurpose content from other Instagram accounts, with appropriate credit which includes tagging their profile and mentioning them in the caption. By sharing content from other brands, it opens to the door for those brands to repay the favor in kind which opens a door to new audiences, as well as providing useful content to the current audience.
- Focus on creativity – Instagram is a platform that focuses on creativity and as such that concept should be at the forefront of each and every post. How can this post connect and engage with followers? Posts should not look like an advertisement you would find in a magazine. Instead posts should focus on the brand strategy on the platform, incorporating creativity, humor, thoughtfulness, and playfulness, which are all aspects of accounts which people want to follow and engage with. Lego is an example of a creative account that engages with their audience. Apartment Therapy is another unique account that showcases creativity.
Lounge Lizard is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, digital strategy, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, ken.braun(at)loungelizard.com