Disruption Interruption podcast host and veteran communications disruptor, Karla Jo Helms, interviews Grant McGaugh, Business Development Executive—and brings to light how McGaugh's unique approach to digital networking is transforming how professionals connect.
TAMPA BAY, Fla., July 12, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- In 2020, COVID-19 changed the way the world does business overnight. According to data gathered by McKinsey & Company, digital transformation across companies accelerated seven years in a matter of months due to the pandemic.¹ In-person get-togethers halted, video calls became the norm, and new employees were onboarded in an entirely remote world. For professionals, this transformation is disrupting how networking and job opportunities take place. In fact, 70% of employers now use social media to evaluate potential hires. The number of LinkedIn users in the United States alone has grown to 170 million.² Networking in a digital manner is no longer a nice-to-have; it is becoming a must.
This is where Business Development Executive Grant McGaugh delivers powerful insights into how today's professionals must adapt to an increasingly digital world. After going through his own disruptive life events that forced McGaugh to reevaluate his approach to building his future, he learned the incredible value of a robust digital network. Throughout this engaging conversation, McGaugh reveals the power of humanity in a digital world and provides listeners with actionable insights that will enable them to build their brands.
Today, McGaugh leads the way in disrupting digital networking with a truly unique approach to creating a memorable online presence. Far more than simply uploading a digital resume to LinkedIn, McGaugh offers professionals key tips for setting oneself apart from the rest.
During this insightful interview, McGaugh explains how:
- A professional's social presence is now a critical opportunity to differentiate and tell a compelling story about why they are set apart from others with similar backgrounds, experiences, and educational levels.
- Digital transformation is on the fast track of acceleration. Professionals must join in the conversation today to prepare for the future of networking.
- Engagement, conversations, and storytelling are central to building genuine connections in a digital world. These connections will dictate the value of one's network far into the future.
- The future of digital transformation will include a paradigm shift from the analytical to the creative. By launching new metaverses that blend the physical and digital realities, those who use innovation effectively will lead the way.
Tune into Disruption Interruption to hear from the biggest industry disruptors of today. Learn what has motivated these innovative individuals to effect real change in their industries and find out how they tackle opposition to transformation.
Listeners can access Disruption Interruption via the Podbean app or find the show on Apple's App Store and Google Play.
About Disruption Interruption:
Disruption is happening on an unprecedented scale, impacting all manner of industries— MedTech, Finance, IT, eCommerce, shipping and logistics, and more—and COVID has moved their timelines up a full decade or more. But WHO are these disruptors, and when did they say, "THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT!"? Time to Disrupt and Interrupt with host Karla Jo "KJ" Helms, veteran communications disruptor. KJ interviews bad a**es disrupting their industries and altering economic networks that have become antiquated with an establishment resistant to progress. She delves into uncovering secrets from industry rebels and quiet revolutionaries that reveal common traits—and not-so-common—that are changing our economic markets…and lives. Visit the world's key pioneers that persist in success, despite arrows in their backs at http://www.disruptioninterruption.com.
About Karla Jo Helms:
Karla Jo Helms is the Chief Evangelist and Anti-PR(TM) Strategist for JOTO PR Disruptors(TM).
Karla Jo learned firsthand how unforgiving business can be when millions of dollars are on the line—and how the control of public opinion often determines whether one company is happily chosen or brutally rejected. Being an alumna of crisis management, Karla Jo has worked with litigation attorneys, private investigators, and the media to help restore companies of goodwill back into the good graces of public opinion—Karla Jo operates on the ethic of getting it right the first time, not relying on second chances and doing what it takes to excel. Helms speaks globally on public relations, how the PR industry itself has lost its way and how, in the right hands, corporations can harness the power of Anti-PR to drive markets and impact market perception.
About Grant McGaugh:
Grant McGaugh is a Business Management Executive and frequent podcast speaker. People are McGaugh's business. McGaugh helps businesses accelerate their performance through the power of RELATIONSHIPS. McGaugh transforms businesses into profitable, client-focused enterprises by leveraging an extensive network of professionals, information technology experience in business operations, digital strategy, and digital transformation. He provides a distinctive executive presence and innovative leadership capability as a sought-after technology consultant and business strategy leader for the past 20 years.
1. McKinsey & Company "How COVID-19 has pushed companies over the technology tipping point—and transformed business forever" October 5, 2020, mckinsey.com/business-functions/strategy-and-corporate-finance/our-insights/how-covid-19-has-pushed-companies-over-the-technology-tipping-point-and-transformed-business-forever
2. Jenny Chang "85 Crucial Networking Statistics You Need to Know in 2022" financesonline.com/networking-statistics/
Karla Jo Helms, JOTO PR™, 727-777-4619, [email protected]
SOURCE Disruption Interruption