“Health systems will now need to think digital first when navigating patients to the right care setting for timely, quality and cost-effective care," said Puneet Maheshwari, co-founder and CEO of DocASAP.
HERNDON, Va. (PRWEB) September 02, 2020
DocASAP, the industry’s most advanced patient access and engagement platform for health systems, health plans and physician groups, today announced it has launched the industry’s first digital platform to enable patient matching and navigation to the right care setting–whether virtual or in-person–based on the provider’s specific care delivery protocols. With the goal of enabling continuity of care, the open platform integrates with any third-party telemedicine platform to meet the growing demand for contactless care and improved virtual care coordination. The platform’s evolution builds on its capability for scheduling telemedicine visits announced last year.
According to a recent survey conducted by OnePoll, nearly half (40%) of healthcare consumers have had a telemedicine visit. With telemedicine becoming hardwired into how care is delivered, DocASAP’s digital platform supports health systems’ needs for better coordinated access across care settings. DocASAP’s Provider Search and Profiles solution enables patients to search and select the right provider and care setting, such as virtual visits. This works hand in hand with DocASAP’s Telemedicine Access solution, which integrates with Zoom, VSEE and other major platforms to streamline access to on-demand and in-advance virtual visits, making contactless care convenient and efficient.
Platform Enhancements and New Features:
- Matching and Navigation for Multiple Care Settings: DocASAP’s advanced algorithms intelligently navigate patients to virtual care and other appropriate settings by matching provider demographics, clinical/operational scheduling protocols and real-time availability to the patient’s needs, helping to quickly guide them to optimal care.
- Timely Provider Matching: DocASAP’s technology prioritizes matching, near-term available providers in search results. By navigating patients to the right provider and setting at the right time, they can access needed, timely care, helping improve outcomes and the patient experience while reducing no shows.
- Online Scheduling Integration: By combining DocASAP’s advanced search and matching capabilities with DocASAP’s online scheduling solution, patients can accurately search, select and schedule an appointment in less time. Today’s modern patient can conveniently schedule the care they need, when they need it, while providers maintain control over their schedules, care settings and protocols.
- Frictionless Virtual Visits: DocASAP streamlines processes for coordinating both scheduled and on-demand virtual care. Working as seamlessly as accessing in-person care with the platform, it captures and manages visit details, while integrating with the provider’s practice management and telemedicine platforms. Confirmations and reminders empower patients to prepare for their virtual visits, including logging into, rescheduling or canceling appointments, accessing e-forms and receiving custom communications.
- Telemedicine Platform Integration: DocASAP’s open platform architecture enables integration with any third-party telemedicine platform. This contributes to a more efficiently managed telemedicine visit for the provider and a better patient experience.
- HIPAA Compliant Visits: DocASAP’s virtual visits are provider-hosted and controlled. Its platform helps maintain and manage the security and privacy of the virtual setting.
“Telemedicine has emerged as a game-changer in how care can be delivered quickly and efficiently,” said Puneet Maheshwari, co-founder and CEO of DocASAP. “Health systems will now need to think digital first when navigating patients to the right care setting for timely, quality and cost-effective care. We are only at the beginning stages of this New Normal and will continue to innovate to ensure our customers can provide superior care.”
DocASAP provides the industry’s most advanced patient access and engagement platform for health systems, health plans and physician groups. DocASAP's intelligent patient-provider matching and online appointment scheduling solution enables patients to connect with optimal care providers to enhance access, improve outcomes and reduce costs. Backed and promoted in the market by Aetna and UnitedHealthcare, DocASAP builds unique payer-provider connections with an eye toward simpliﬁed access, increased care compliance and improved population risk management. For more information, visit http://docasap.com or follow on Twitter @DocASAP.