Bark in the Park San Jose attracts thousands of dog lovers and provides an opportunity for families and their four-legged pals to enjoy a day together while raising funds for charity.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) August 30, 2018
Bark in the Park™ San Jose 2018, the largest dog festival in the United States, will be held September 15, 2018, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at William Street Park (Corner of E. William Street and S. 16th Street) in downtown San Jose, California.
Organized by the Campus Community Association, Bark in the Park is located in an expansive neighborhood park. This family-friendly event features contests, beverages, food, agility courses, kid’s activities, and over 75 different dog-related vendors and services. Admission is $5 donation per adult. Children and dogs get in free. Proceeds from donations benefit the Humane Society Silicon Valley, San Jose Animal Care Center and other local charities.
“Bark in the Park San Jose is celebrating its 22nd year and began as a small neighborhood event to celebrate people and their dogs,” said John Turner, President of the Campus Community Association, which organizes Bark in the Park. “It now attracts thousands of dog lovers and provides an opportunity for families and their four-legged pals to enjoy a day together while raising funds for charity.”
Returning this year is the ever-popular Misting Tent, courtesy of San Jose Water, along with low-cost vaccinations and microchipping provided by PAWS 4 SJACS (Pet Awareness and Welfare Society for San Jose Animal Care Services).
The popular Kids Entertainment Zone returns with two new additions, Storytelling by Edith of the San Jose Public Library and Doga (Dogs & Yoga) by Jake's Wish Dog Rescue. There will also be a kid’s agility course, puppy make-over packages (face painting and more), and a dog-themed bounce house. There will be pups to pet provided by Golden Gate Basset Rescue.
“Dog Owner in Training” demonstrations where children and families can learn the basics of dog ownership will be available. These demonstrations include how to be a better dog owner, how to teach a dog simple tricks, how to approach dogs, and how to care for a dog.
The popular and fun-to-watch dog contests and demonstrations return to Bark in the Park San Jose. In addition to the events and entertainment, Bark in the Park San Jose also features dog-related vendors and products, fun games, tips on dog care and adoption and pet services.
Adobe Animal Hospitals Main Stage Events
· Pet Owner Look-A-like Contest, 11 am
· Dog Costume Contest, 12 pm
· Happy Dog Tail Wagging Contest, 1 pm
· Santa Clara County Sheriff Search and Rescue K9 Unit Presentation, 2 pm
Kids Entertainment Zone
· Story time with Edith from San Jose Pubic Library, 3 pm, 3:30 pm
· Kids and Dogs Safety Sessions presented by Puppets by Canine Higher Learning, 12 noon, 4 pm
· Golden Gate Basset Rescue Petting Station, 11:30 am, 1:30 pms
· The Loretta Show by See Spot Run Pet Care, 12:30 pm, 2 pm
· Doga (Dogs +Yoga) by Jake’s Wish Dog Rescue, 11 am, 1 pm
· Petting Station courtesy of Golden Gate Basset Rescue, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm
· Story and Crafts presented by Jake's Wish Dog Rescue & Dogs In Harmony, 10:30 am, 2:30 pm
Kids Entertainment Zone Ongoing:
· Kid’s Agility Course
· Puppy make-over packages (face paint and more!)
· Big Bulldog Bounce House
· Meet and Greet with Downtown Dog, Sam's Downtown Feed and Pet Supply mascot
San Jose Water Company Agility Corral
· Fetch Sam Agility, 10:45 am, 2:15 pm
· Bark Attendee Agility Time, 11:15 am - 1:15 pm, 2:30 – 5:00 pm
Silicon Valley Vet Entertainment Corral
· SkyyDogs USA, 10:15 am, 12:15 pm, 1:45 pm, 3:45 pm
· California K-9, 11:45 am, 2:45 pm
· California K-9 Free Group Class (must register at corral) 1:15 pm
Christmas in the Park Flyball Corral Events
- Ball Haulers Flyball Team, 11:15 am, 12:45 pm, 3:15 pm
- Bark Attendee Course Run Time, 12 noon, 1:30 pm, 4 pm
Naglee Park Sheepherding Corral Events 12:00-12:30 pm, 1:30-2:45 pm, 4:00-4:45 pm
· Cutters Quarters Border Collies – Sheepherding performance - ongoing
· Bark Attendees sheepherding time (must register at corral)
Public Contact Info:
P.O. Box 90038, San Jose, CA 95109-3038
Bark in the Park San Jose would like to thank the sponsors of our 2018 event
Adobe Animal Hospitals and Marketplace, Big Dog Sponsor
Big Kahuna Productions
Ball Haulers Flyball Team
California K9 Solutions
Christmas in the Park
City of San Jose Animal Care Services
Dr. Dave’s Doggie Daycare, Boarding and Grooming
Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
Humane Society Silicon Valley
94.5 BAY FM/MIX 106
98.5 KFOX/96.5 KOIT/99.7 NOW
PAWS for SJACS
Sam's Downtown Feed
San Jose Mailing
San Jose Water Company
Santa Clara County Sherriff Search & Rescue K9 Unit
Silicon Valley Veterinary Specialists
Sunnyvale and Oakridge Veterinary Clinics
Tama Veterinary Hospitals
VCA Animal Hospitals
WILDCIDE Hard Cider
Williams Party Rental
Supported in Part by a grant from the City of San Jose, Office of Cultural Affairs
About Bark in the Park
Bark in the ParkTM is a fundraising event organized by the Naglee Park neighborhood's Campus Community Association (CCA). Bark in the Park benefits the Humane Society Silicon Valley, San Jose Animal Care Center and other local charities.
About the Campus Community Association
Naglee Park is a historic San Jose neighborhood developed on the estate of Brig. General Henry Morris Naglee, a Civil War veteran and prominent California pioneer. The Campus Community Association grew out of Naglee Park to become a strong advocate for neighborhood values in San Jose. As a result, the Naglee Park neighborhood is at the forefront on issues affecting the downtown neighborhoods and entire community of San Jose.
Copyright (c) 1996-2018, CCA. "Bark in the Park" is a trademark of the CCA