MIAMI, Okla. (PRWEB) July 03, 2019
For responsible boaters, “fueling up” for summer fun on the lake doesn’t mean packing a great lunch. It means being contentious about carefully filling on-board fuel tanks and extra containers, with safety being the highest priority.
“Focusing on safety starts long before a boat ever leaves the dock,” says Dan Marshall, vice president of marketing and business development with Scepter. “Before every outing boat operators need to concentrate on properly filling their fuel tanks and securing emergency fuel on their boats.”
Marshall recommends boaters review the tips for proper fueling procedures from the BoatUS® Foundation, basic boating fueling knowledge from AceBoater.com and/or the boat fueling tips from GetMyBoat at the start of each boating season. Then, implement these best practices each time taking a boat out on the water.
- Scepter’s Marine Division, which played a leading role in converting the marine industry from traditional metal gas cans to high-density polyethylene resin (HDPE) outboard fuel tanks, focuses on boater safety around the world. The company manufactures tanks for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as Mercury, Honda and Suzuki.
- “Scepter’s OEM marine tanks meet numerous international standards, certifications and approvals,” says Marshall. “Our marine tanks are universally accepted around the world. In addition, there are Scepter portable fuel containers in a variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate gas, diesel and kerosene fuel types for boaters everywhere.
- “Because safety is always of top importance, our Scepter fuel containers all feature child-resistant closures. These containers also include large moulded-in handles that provide superior comfort, pouring and carrying capabilities.”
Small or Large Boats, Safety Counts:
- For many people, Scepter Marine Portable and Topside Tanks fit the need for fueling their smaller boats. Available in a range of sizes starting at 11.4 L up to 45L, topside tanks from Scepter are a durable answer for fuel needs onboard different sized boats.
- “We manufacture trusted above-deck tanks in both standard and EPA/Low Permeation versions to satisfy almost any market requirement,” says Marshall. “Plus, our OEM CHOICE tank options offer the same quality standards demanded by leading OEMs worldwide.”
The Marine Division at Scepter manufactures and provides a complete range of products including portable marine fuel tanks, portable fuel containers, fuel transfer systems, and more. The premier brand for marine fuel tanks with both boat manufacturers and consumers in the aftermarket, the best-in-class Scepter products are available at leading retailers such as Walmart, Bass Pro Shops® and Academy® Sports and Outdoors.
According to Marshall, “Boating fun involves more than just ‘gassing up and go.’ Responsible boaters take the time to make solid decisions before ever leaving the dock. One of those decisions is to safely fill up their fuel tanks and portable containers.”
Solid Marine History:
Scepter has played a lead role in converting the marine industry to plastic outboard engine fuel tanks. Through smart choices and smarter design, the company received numerous innovation awards and has earned 95 percent of the global marine fuel tank market. Today, leading international companies like Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Tohatsu and Mercury all continue to use marine tanks made by Scepter.
For the past 70 years Scepter has been a trusted leader throughout North America in identifying the fueling storage needs of people around the world and coming up with smart product innovations to fulfill those needs. With best-in-class manufacturing operations in both the United States and Canada, Scepter proudly provides trusted products in all of its segments --- consumer, military and marine containers.
For more information, visit https://www.sceptermarine.com/marine_fuel_tanks/.