SAN DIEGO (PRWEB) October 26, 2020
Top-rated digital marketing and advertising agency Ignite Visibility has announced the results of their 2020 Ecommerce Holiday Study. This data driven study of 1,000 participants explores changing holiday shopping habits and offers insights on how to effectively market products and services this season. And the results are shocking.
1. Most consumers will be shopping and buying on a desktop.
2. Consumers are now just as open to buying a product from an ad as an organic search result
3. 86% of consumers need to see an ad 2 times or more before buying
4. 54% of people will be shopping more on Amazon
5. Consumers prefer to purchase form a website opposed to a social site
6. The ecommerce buying timeframe around the holidays has completely changed
“The COVID-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed the way people conduct their lives, and shopping for holiday gifts and ecommerce products is no exception,” says John Lincoln, CEO. “By understanding recent shifts in consumer behaviors, we can help businesses develop successful holiday marketing strategies and expand into markets to meet their customers where they are.”
Key takeaways from the study include:
- Most consumers will be shopping and buying on a desktop (50%), followed by both (33%) and a mobile phone (15%) being the lowest. This shows a big change with more people having access to computers at home and making major purchases on an actual desktop computer.
- Consumers were equally open to clicking on an ad in Google or an organic listing in Google for purchasing a product. This is significant, as studies in the past have shown strong favoritism for organic listings.
- When excluding Amazon, consumers listed websites as the number #1 place they would like to buy, followed by Google, Facebook and Instagram. LinkedIn, Bing, Twitter and Push notifications were the places they wanted to purchase a product from the least.
- Consumers are shopping and purchasing products much earlier this year.
- Only 14% of consumers will buy a product the first time they see an ad. Out of people who purchase, 31% will actually need to see an ad 6 times or more.
- A total of 60% of people will be doing less than 25% of their shopping on Amazon. In turn, 40% will be buying more than 25% of their gifts here. This shows there is still a very large market that needs to be reached outside of the marketplace giant.
- Compared to last year, 54% of people will be shopping more on Amazon this year.
- Free shipping and fast site speed are essentials for retailers during the holiday season.
- Despite the current economic climate, more than half of consumers plan to spend the same or more this year.
- The most important deciding factors in an Amazon purchase are the number of stars and positive reviews, followed by delivery time.
To view Ignite Visibility’s 2020 Ecommerce Holiday Study, go to
For more information on Ignite Visibility’s wide range of digital marketing and advertising services, visit https://ignitevisibility.com/.
About Ignite Visibility:
Ignite Visibility is a premier full service digital marketing agency based in San Diego, CA. Consistently named one of the top SEO, paid media, social media, email marketing, Amazon and CRO companies in the USA, Ignite Visibility has used the same strategies they use for clients to become a four-time Inc. 5000 company (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020). To learn more, visit https://ignitevisibility.com/.