SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- EK®, the leading computer liquid cooling solutions provider today hosted their second virtual event, EK EXPO, in tandem with their virtual booth at CES 2021's first all-digital show. EK today unveiled an expanded selection of water blocks for PCs and liquid cooling solutions across its gaming and workstations portfolios to help end-users and industry professionals innovate and accomplish more.
"We are excited to present yet another EK Expo, which is running in parallel with CES 2021," said Kat Silberstein, CEO Americas. "We're extremely passionate and excited to showcase new products, share our positive spirit, and demonstrate how our innovations in technology are helping to create a better world. We are continuously marching forward, supporting our users, partners, and the community."
Introducing EK Fluid Works Workstations
Pushing the boundaries of computing performance and thermal management in a desktop form factor, EK today introduced EK Fluid Works workstations, a complete line of top-tier, fully liquid-cooled professional workstations for the most intensive professional visualization rendering, data science, and deep learning workloads.
EK Fluid Works workstations are available in two series – Studio Series and Compute Series, both designed to deliver consistent and predictable computing performance for the pro-visualization studio to the most compute-intensive deep learning and AI modeling applications.
"With the introduction of EK Fluid Works, a family of fully liquid cooled professional workstations has come to life. Recommended by our customers from different verticals – graphic designers, architects, AI engineers, etc. as now they can experience reliability, and the non-throttling benefits of liquid cooling." said Edvard König, Founder EK. "We look forward to further pushing innovation and technology with passion behind our products – where our users will be the biggest beneficiaries, in the years to come."
As the industry's most acclaimed liquid-cooling solutions provider, EK's Fluid Works workstations bring meaningful innovation to the professional desktop workstation industry with the first fully liquid cooled, user expandable and serviceable desktop workstations, delivering the highest performing computing experience in a desktop workstation:
- Fully liquid-cooled: Thermal fluctuation, fatigue, and performance throttling are all critical factors that restrict the potential of today's high-performance professional computers. Fully liquid cooling CPUs and GPUs will ensure sustained peak performance under continuous computing workloads.
- Whisper-quiet operation: Noise levels can be a real problem with conventional PC fans. Liquid-cooled systems operate at substantially lower sound levels providing unparalleled acoustic performance.
- Modular design: The revolutionary liquid cooling system features dripless Quick Disconnect Couplings (QDC) , allowing users to expand their systems as computing workloads increase over time, and also virtually eliminates system downtime in the event of a GPU failure.
EK Fluid Works Studio Series
EK today introduced EK Fluid Works Studio Series workstations that are designed for digital content creators who want to accelerate their workflow and complete more projects in less time. EK's industry-acclaimed liquid cooling system directly cools the CPU and GPUs while providing whisper-quiet operation, virtually eliminating noise pollution from your creative environment.
EK Fluid Works Studio Series offers two models:
- The S3000 model is the entry-level system of the Fluid Works Studio Series – a prebuilt dual-GPU system for content creators looking for an affordable way to speed up their workflow. They are intended for users who do not foresee the need to expand or upgrade their system any time soon. As with every Fluid Works model, the S3000 is fully liquid-cooled, cooling the CPU and two GPUs within a single liquid cooling loop while delivering consistent computing performance in an affordable package.
- The S5000 model is more advanced but also part of the Fluid Works Studio Series. It is a user-expandable and user-serviceable, fully water-cooled, prebuilt, multi-GPU system for professionals who want to boost their productivity and are ready to invest in their business. They are intended for users who are looking to expand or upgrade their systems with more powerful graphics cards in the future. The integrated Non-Spill Quick Disconnect fittings enable the user to add more graphics card assemblies quickly and safely with pre-filled water blocks.
EK Fluid Works Compute Series
Today, EK also released the EK Fluid Works Compute Series – fully liquid cooled workstations designed for researchers and deep learning developers who demand the computing power of rack-mount servers, but prefer a deskside solution. EK Fluid Works Compute Series workstations are also the only line of professional workstations offering up to 7 fully liquid-cooled GPUs. No other workstation manufacturer can offer this much compute power per dollar, together with the performance and thermal benefits that only liquid cooling can provide.
EK Fluid Works Compute Series offers two models:
- The X5000 model is built based on a custom-engineered case. These workstation PCs are user-expandable and user-serviceable, fully water-cooled, prebuilt, multi-GPU systems designed for the demanding visual applications and moderate to heavy AI and Machine Learning. They are intended for users who want to start with 2-4 graphics cards and upgrade their systems in the future with additional GPUs. The integrated dripless Quick Disconnect Couplings will enable them to add more graphics cards quickly and safely with pre-filled water blocks also available at EK.
- The X7000 model is the carrier of the Compute Series and the overall flagship of the Fluid Works product line. These are top-tier, fully liquid-cooled professional workstations, configurable with up to seven GPUs, and are designed for the most intensive data science operations – from Deep Learning to the most advanced AI. These user-expandable and user-serviceable solutions also offer expandable storage – something that can only be found in servers. With hot-swap storage, you can take out an SSD to replace it or safely transfer the data somewhere else. You can even opt for a dual-CPU system when choosing your configuration.
Explore more on EK Fluid Works at https://ekfluidworks.com/
EK-AIO Lineup Is Expanding
EK's AIO product line will shortly be getting a brand-new version, the EK-AIO Basic, that will be available with 240 and 360mm radiators. These are completely black All-In-One liquid cooling solutions for modern AMD and Intel CPUs. They come with a minimalist, all-black pump cover and black fans.
These AIOs offer all the benefits of a water-cooling solution in a compact, easy to install, and maintenance-free design. They are simple, efficient, and come without any flashy D-RGB lighting, with a brushed, aluminum-like pattern on the black pump cover. With the lack of RGB, they will be even more competitively priced than the original EK-AIO units.
This product will help EK keep the lead on the mainstream liquid cooling solutions market, which is already spearheaded by the already successful, chart-topping EK-AIO D-RGB cooling solutions.
A Brand New Active Backplate Cooling Solution
Pushing technology further when it comes to custom loop PC liquid cooling, during the EXPO, EK will also show their approach to active backplate cooling for graphics cards. They have the first proper active backplate cooling solution that is integrated seamlessly, in a way that does not require awkward soft tubing connections.
Since the PCB itself is mainly a huge heatsink – it has several layers of copper that make up all electrical traces – it is great at absorbing heat from all the components on the PCB. Removing that excess heat from the PCB will lower the overall temperature of all the components on it, even those that are not directly cooled.
The most significant improvements from this kind of solution can be seen when cooling the areas with high dissipation, as the backside of the VRM, GPU core, and VRAM. Lowering temperatures on all electrical components by cooling the GPU's backside will prolong their lifespan and make them more efficient, causing less power leaking.
With the newest power-hungry GPUs that have their components densely packed, every additional point of cooling is very welcome, since lower temperatures allow higher overclocks and more GPU boost. And with flagship graphics cards, like the RTX 3090 that has video memory placed on the PCB's backside, it makes even more sense for this additional cooling.
Another benefit is thermal pads between the PCB and the backplate since it reduces coil whine. Thermal pads act as absorbers – they are soft and could lessen the coil whine caused by the vibration of the inductor coils. Having a small water block on the backside of the GPU makes the whole assembly sturdier compared to only having a standard backplate, which in turn acts as a better absorber of vibrations.
Join EK EXPO at CES 2021
Registered CES visitors, media, and partners are invited to visit EK Expo at http://ekwb.com/ek-expo-ces-2021 to see EK's latest and upcoming products in a virtual space and speak with company representatives.
The LIVE web stream will be available from Tues., Jan 12 to Thurs., Jan 14 at 10 a.m. PT.
- Visit the EK CES 2021 virtual booth to get in-depth product info, images, releases, and more.
- Connect with EK via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Follow the latest news on EK Expo on @EKWaterBlocks
With global headquarters in Slovenia, US headquarters in San Antonio TX, offices in Silicon Valley, CA, and around the world - EK delivers a full line of liquid cooling solutions and high-end products directly, and through a unified channel of partners, distributors, and resellers worldwide.
For more information please visit: http://www.ekwb.com
Debora Christianson, EK Waterblocks, +1 (360) 818-8018, [email protected]
SOURCE EK Water Blocks