Elastic Path, the leading provider of headless commerce solutions, today announced it has acquired fellow commerce technology leader Moltin.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 13, 2020
Elastic Path, the leading provider of headless commerce solutions, today announced it has acquired fellow commerce technology leader Moltin to create the industry’s only commerce platform that enables every business leader to quickly and easily leverage microservices to gain a competitive advantage in the market.
This acquisition comes as global demand grows for extensible, flexible, and scalable enterprise commerce solutions and bolsters Elastic Path’s mission to empower businesses to transform every customer interaction, across B2C, B2B, B2B2C, and B2B2B use cases, into unique and engaging digital commerce experiences. Through easy-to-use business user tools, a comprehensive library of ready-to-use commerce experiences, and the ability to extend commerce functionality with ease, Elastic Path can now help brands, manufacturers, and retailers deliver digital customer journeys that are fully tailored to their businesses.
“Our customers want secure, battle-tested solutions that provide the flexibility to cover every commerce experience possible, ranging from websites and retail stores to mobile apps, chatbots, VR and IoT,” said Harry Chemko, co-founder and CEO at Elastic Path. “We have been committed to leading the charge in commerce innovation since our founding, and with the talent and technology Moltin brings to the table, Elastic Path enables every business to deploy revolutionary commerce experiences faster, easier and at greater scale than any other solution in the market.”
Elastic Path pioneered the “headless” approach to digital commerce nearly a decade ago as a way for companies to gain more flexibility as compared to legacy commerce platforms. As businesses strive to differentiate themselves in increasingly crowded markets by delivering unique commerce experiences, a microservices-based architecture has proven to be unmatched in terms of the flexibility it offers.
In a commerce environment, a microservices-based architecture leverages decoupled services that are easy to update or replace based on the needs of a particular touchpoint, such as a complex B2B website, mobile app, or physical kiosk, allowing a business to be more agile in its approach. To date, however, microservices have been out of reach for most businesses given the technical sophistication required. By acquiring Moltin, Elastic Path has created the only solution that makes it fast and easy for every business leader to unleash the power of microservices.
Elastic Path has redefined its new and improved Elastic Path Commerce Cloud platform around five key tenets:
- Easy-to-use business user tooling: Maximize the monetization of digital initiatives with intuitive and robust business user tooling, which provides all the necessary commerce capabilities to launch and iterate on personalized and contextually relevant experiences in real-time.
- Comprehensive library of pre-built and ready-to-use commerce experiences: Launch new revenue channels on demand using the most comprehensive library of ready-to-use commerce experiences including multiple website experiences, a progressive web application (PWA), Alexa Voice Assistant, Facebook chatbot, social login, self-checkout for retail stores, Zendesk customer service, magic mirror, augmented reality, self-checkout for pop-up events, IoT, embeddable cart and checkout buy button, and more.
- Future-proof extensibility: Set up and update integrations with any third-party solution quickly and easily. There is no tangled web of customized plugins that locks businesses in and stifles innovation.
- Choreographed microservices: Deliver digital experiences that are fully tailored to business requirements with the most flexible headless microservices architecture that can be consumed modularly. Combined with Elastic Path’s Cortex API Orchestration layer, Elastic Path provides businesses with the agility and control needed to deliver fit-for-purpose experiences across any digital channel.
- Enterprise-grade scalability: Grow confidently by leveraging the expertise Elastic Path has gained from supporting unmatched scale and mission-critical digital commerce for more than 300 of the world’s leading brands, manufacturers, and retailers, including Intuit and T-Mobile.
Elastic Path is now the only commerce platform to provide secure, enterprise-grade deployment options across multi-tenant SaaS, single-tenant SaaS, private cloud, and on premise. The advantages of the new unified platform are available to customers immediately.
"We believe that headless, microservices-based solutions are the future of digital commerce," said Art McManus, Chief Technology Officer at FitForCommerce. "This acquisition brings together two industry-leading companies with highly complementary technology that will address the challenges organizations face when delivering innovative commerce experiences."
All of Moltin’s global employees have joined Elastic Path, including engineering, customer support, sales, marketing, and operations. Elastic Path has also maintained Moltin’s U.S. and U.K. offices in Boston and Newcastle. With complementary development and customer support operations locations, Elastic Path has expanded its time zone coverage for current and future customers operating globally.
To learn more about how Elastic Path can empower your business to accelerate digital innovation, visit Elastic Path booth #1453 at NRF or go to ElasticPath.com.
About Elastic Path
As the pioneer of headless commerce, Elastic Path created the world’s leading API-first commerce solution for enterprises. The perfect partner for future-facing organizations that want an open, flexible platform, Elastic Path creates extraordinary purchase experiences within any digital environment. Elastic Path Commerce, available through on-premise and cloud-based deployment models, provides organizations the freedom to make any touchpoint and experience shoppable. Through collaborative innovation between Elastic Path’s team, customers and partners, Elastic Path leads the way in revolutionizing commerce.
Elastic Path is based in Vancouver, Canada, with offices in the U.K. and U.S. Learn more at http://www.elasticpath.com.
Moltin provides the only Commerce Service that empowers high-growth brands to deliver unique, shoppable moments anywhere the consumer and brand meet. Moltin embraces an API-first, Headless approach that provides merchants with the ultimate level of control, speed, and confidence needed to deliver commerce their way. Hundreds of the world’s most innovative commerce businesses use Moltin to deliver brand-native consumer experiences - such as B2C-B2B-B2B2C use-cases, manufacturing, internationalization, selling regulated goods and services, complex product bundling, and more, seamlessly across any digital channel. If your brand is passionate about delighting your consumers and won’t settle for rigid, cookie-cutter commerce experiences, then Moltin is the right partner for you. To learn more visit Moltin.com.