EMA selects its Products to Watch based on the analysis of pain points and priorities that software engineers, cloud engineers, IT operators, DevOps engineers, security professionals, data scientists, and data engineers experience.
BOULDER, Colo. (PRWEB) May 04, 2022
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT and data management research and consulting firm, today announced the release of its first “Products to Watch” Award and research report, authored by Torsten Volk, managing research director of cloud-native, DevOps, machine learning, and AI at EMA. EMA selected infrastructure as code as the first report category due to its significant impact on DevOps productivity within multi-cloud environments. EMA has announced its infrastructure as code Products to Watch of 2022/2023 on EMA’s new Products to Watch website.
“EMA selects its Products to Watch based on the analysis of pain points and priorities that software engineers, cloud engineers, IT operators, DevOps engineers, security professionals, data scientists, and data engineers experience,” says Volk.
Products that are recognized as an EMA Products to Watch are ones that:
- Enable organizations to deliver more customer-centric product capabilities
- Facilitate accessibility through a better user experience
- Minimize deployment and operations cost
The winner in the infrastructure as code category makes the most efficient use of software developers’ time when creating a product by minimizing the time they have to spend on overhead tasks related to the creation, deployment, and support of application infrastructure. Previous EMA research shows that application developers and test engineers typically spend 50% of their time on these tasks, leaving much of their productivity on the table.
Other key findings include:
- While the market for infrastructure as code platforms grew by approximately 50% year over year, the EMA Products to Watch award-winning platform showed an adoption growth of approximately 200%.
- Between February 2019 and February 2022, overall interest by enterprises (across personas) in infrastructure as a service-related topics grew by 95%.
- “Tools” is the number-one topic within an infrastructure as a service context (23%), with “AWS” following in second place (20%).
- Corporate IT worried the most about server deployment and operations, learning how to code, and how to keep the infrastructure lights on.
A complete deep dive into the infrastructure as code marketplace and how EMA’s Products to Watch in this category addresses customer pain points and priorities is available in the “EMA Products to Watch” report.
Founded in 1996, EMA is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in providing deep insight across the full spectrum of IT and data management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help their clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise line of business users, IT professionals and IT vendors at https://www.enterprisemanagement.com.