At Emler, we’ve always stressed safety and approached swimming as a life-saving skill. In this new age, our focus hasn’t shifted.
DALLAS (PRWEB) May 19, 2020
Emler Swim School, an award-winning swim school, is aiming to reopen its 26 locations on the Memorial Day holiday, May 25, 2020. The school has implemented several new health and safety measures to protect staff, kids and parents that are in accordance with federal, state, local and CDC recommendations.
“At Emler, we’ve always stressed safety and approached swimming as a life-saving skill,” said Greg Laird, CEO, Emler Swim School. “In this new age, our focus hasn’t shifted. Our team has worked diligently and thoughtfully, staying up to date on health recommendations and figuring out how we can make the pool a safer place for everyone. We want to get back to providing kids a fun and safe learning environment and help them navigate this new normal with an activity they know and love.”
New protocols include:
- Allowing only one caretaker to accompany each child into the facility.
- Assigning an Emler employee to the front door to monitor and guide traffic flow in and out of the building.
- Staggering lesson start times to ensure there is a controlled flow of people into and out of the facilities.
- Checking staff temperatures upon arrival to the facility. Those with an elevated temperature will not be permitted into the building.
- Requiring everyone (including employees) to wear a covering over their mouths and noses. Anyone who does not have something to cover their mouth and nose will have the opportunity to purchase a mask at the reception desk. Children will not be required to wear any face covering while swimming. Instructors in the pool will be wearing face shields.
- Wiping down the facility every 30 minutes throughout the day as swim families come and go, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
There is no evidence that the novel coronavirus can be spread to people through the water in pools if pools are properly operated and maintained, according to the CDC. Emler has a stellar track record of pool hygiene and already had high-quality UV water purification systems installed at each of its pools. When water is pumped through the UV system, ultraviolet light rays kill dangerous germs and inactivate viruses. Emler locations also boast cutting-edge air filtration systems that continuously expel stale air from the pool room and replace it with 100% ambient, fresh air at a rate of eight times per hour.
Drownings are a leading cause of injury death for children ages 1 to 14, reports the CDC. Emler’s mission is to help all children learn to be safer in and around the water to prevent these accidental deaths.
For more information about health and safety at Emler Swim School locations, visit https://emlerswimschool.com/healthandsafety.
About Emler Swim School:
In 1975, Emler Swim School was founded on two principles, that every child should experience a fun lesson that causes him or her to fall in love with the water, and that every parent should receive a guarantee that his or her child will learn to swim. Emler utilizes a proven, ever-evolving curriculum, a quality staff that undergoes thorough training and – above all – a passion to nurture children in a healthy, safe and fun environment. With over 20 different classes and levels, the award-winning swim school is proud to meet the need of every swimmer with the same “Emler Sure,” 100 percent guarantee. For more information on each location, visit emlerswimschool.com. Follow us: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.