We have seen several surveys and opinions about the impact COVID-19 is having on senior living sales and marketing, but it is important to look at the data and what it is telling us, states Erin Hayes, Enquire Chief Revenue Officer.
DENVER (PRWEB) May 06, 2020
Enquire, a leading provider of CRM, marketing automation and contact center solutions for senior living communities and post-acute care organizations, has aggregated actual sales and marketing data from over 2,200 senior living communities providing insight into the true impact of COVID-19. In this report, 2020 averages for specific metrics by care level, state and region as well as year-to-date metrics were compared to the same period in 2019. This data was also narrowed to the just-completed month of April and analyzed against the same data points from April 2019. The report focuses on the average inquiry, tour and move in volume month-over-month per community and compares 2019 trends to 2020. Additionally, the report looks at other key sales and marketing metrics like web forms from internet inquiries, home visits, call outs, referrals and move outs that are critical to senior living sales and marketing success.
“We have seen several surveys and opinions about the impact COVID-19 is having on senior living sales and marketing, but it is important to look at the data and what it is telling us. We all could have predicted that inquiries, tours and move ins would be negatively impacted by COVID-19, so the real questions will be how great is the impact and for how long? This is what having this data will help us understand,” states Erin Hayes, Enquire Chief Revenue Officer.
These data points will continue to give owners, operators and the investment community insight into what a recovery will look like and how the effects on changing operations, consumer confidence and financial outlook will impact move ins, move outs and overall occupancy trends.
Senior Living COVID-19 Statistics:
- Although communities have experienced a 22% decrease in move ins, they have also had less move outs, averaging a 15% decrease year-to-date.
- Across all levels of care, year-to-date initial tours were down an average of 27% (total tours decreased 29%) due to most communities suspending onsite tours.
- Home visits have increased on average 39% for the month of April 2020 in comparison to April 2019.
- Communities supported by a contact center saw just over 20% more inquiries on average and held over 30% more initial tours in 2019 and are trending the same for 2020.
- The South Central region is the least affected in April by COVID-19 with nominal decreases across the board in comparison to other regions.
- Communities that have an integrated CRM and marketing automation strategy experienced 10% higher inquiries in 2019 and 16% higher inquiries year-to-date 2020 than those that do not.
- Communities offering assisted living and memory care saw over a 20% increase in inquiries, tours and move ins for January and February over the same period in 2019.
This report will be updated monthly as Enquire continues to aggregate critical data to inform senior living sales and marketing teams. The full April report can be accessed here: https://enquiresolutions.com/senior_living_covid_19_statistics_april_2020/
Enquire is the premier CRM, marketing automation and contact center solution provider in senior living and post-acute care. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Enquire serves senior living communities and healthcare facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Enquire’s vision is to improve the experience for prospects and family members through customer service centric products paired with cutting-edge technology and analytics.