WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif., Dec. 30, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- ETF Portfolio Management (ETF PM), a revolutionary financial advisory firm, has pledged $107,000 in charitable donations since 2010. The firm has a Pledge to Give Back in which a percentage of each client's annual advisory fee is donated to fund student grants annually.
The total amount above includes $10,000 pledged for calendar year 2020 with half of the funds going to Investable Benchmark Grants and half going to fund these grants long-term. This year, ten students were each awarded grants of $500.
Investable Benchmark Grants
The student grant recipients were asked to invest the $500 each were given in the 3x Nasdaq 100 ETF, with any excess capital used to purchase shares in the Crypto Index or Bitcoin Trust. Students were also given a signed copy of ETF PM's book, titled "Investable Benchmarks: A Guide to ETFs Technology and Leverage."
Universal Basic Investment
"Our intention is to give back by supporting financial education and independence. These grants are designed to share the lesson that strategic leveraged diversification can be a free retirement nest egg," said David Kreinces, ETF PM's Founder and Portfolio Manager. "This priceless lesson, as explained in our book, can help all investors; especially those most in need. We also believe that a similar model can facilitate universal basic income, and/or a subsidized living expense program, via a 'universal basic investment' in top equity index exchange-traded funds with moderate leverage."
The American Dream ETF
Students are being asked to invest their $500 grant in the 3x Nasdaq-100 ETF, which we have named "The American Dream ETF" mainly for the following reasons:
1) The broadly diversified Nasdaq-100 index appears to be the next-generation S&P 500. The two indexes have the same top five holdings, and the Nasdaq-100 has double the overall technology exposure.
2) This past decade, the Nasdaq-100 delivered more than double the S&P 500 return, and the trends in machine learning suggest technology will be far more powerful in the future.
3) Leveraged diversification can be a carton of extra retirement nest eggs. This past decade, the Nasdaq-100 outperformed the S&P with an annualized return of 19% versus 13%. Adding moderate leverage, the 3x Nasdaq-100 returned almost 49% annualized.
At that rate or return, a $500 investment would reach $2 million in 22 years. Even if the growth rate is cut in half, a 24% annualized return would turn a $500 investment into $2 million in 39 years.
In addition, as these young students add to their accounts over time, we advise them to consider the ETF investable benchmark portfolio appropriate for their situation.
Prior to 2019, these annual donations were given to schools and charities selected by ETF PM clients. Since inception, ETF PM has helped to support the following 16 individual students and 69 community schools and non-profit entities:
- 16 Investable Benchmark Grant Recipients: Alex W., Meira C., Joziah M., Jericho C., Litzahaya C., Justin C., Taelor B., Ariel A., Alexis R., Hayat R., Te'yanah O., Brenijia B., Brenda A., Andrew M., Emily M., Greyson W.
- 12 Schools (public & private): Agoura HS, CA, Banyan, CA, Bridges Charter, CA, Gabrielino HS, CA, La Reina HS, CA, Ladera, CA, Lewiston HS, ID, Otsego, NY, St. Michael's, CA, Sycamore Canyon, CA, Thousand Oaks HS, CA, Viewpoint, CA
- 57 Non-Profit Organizations: Two YMCAs - Miller Family & Triunfo, 5-Star Theatricals, ALLWAYZ ON STAGE, Alzheimer's Foundation of America, American Heart Association, American Red Cross, Because of Hope, Cabrillo Music Theatre, Calvary Chapel Echo Park, Casa de Amma, Casa Pacifica, Catholic Charities, Chabad Newbury Park, Children Without Shoes International, Children's Aid Society, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Compassionate Service Society, Craig D. Tifford Foundation, Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Cure Dystonia Now, From Chrysalis to Wings, Georgia Network for Educational and Therapeutic Support, Gerson Institute, Greater Contribution, Hearing Health Foundation, Hippocrates Health Institute, Inheritance of Hope, Itty Bittys and Pitties Rescue, Khan Academy, Lend A Hand Project, Malibu Adamson House Foundation, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Michael J. Fox Foundation, Muscular Dystrophy Association Southern Nevada, Nature Conservancy, Newbury Park Basketball Association, NORML, Performing Animal Welfare Society, The Philadelphia Foundation, Realm of Caring Foundation, Ronald McDonald House New York, Salvation Army New Jersey, School On Wheels, Seeds of Peace, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Suffolk Y Jewish Community Center, Team for Kids, Turtle Conservancy, United States Power Squadrons Educational Fund, Unity Shoppe, Vegan Shift, Weinstein Hospice, and Wounded Warrior Project.
About ETF Portfolio Management
ETF Portfolio Management (ETF PM) is a revolutionary financial advisory firm that specializes in strategic diversification and risk control. The firm customizes active and passive investment portfolios for each client account. Client accounts may be held at Interactive Brokers. Other custodians may be available upon request.
David Kreinces, ETF Portfolio Management, +1 8054029785, [email protected]
Elesia Kreinces, ETF Portfolio Management, 805-402-7138, [email protected]
SOURCE ETF Portfolio Management