LONDON (PRWEB) May 07, 2020
Profound is a new revolutionary non-surgical energy-based facial treatment designed to create new elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid – the building blocks that keep your skin smooth and elastic. Profound dramatically improves ageing skin without surgery, fillers or toxins..
What to prepare before a Profound treatment?
- Hydrate, we recommend that for seven days pre-treatment you moisturise skin in the morning and evening, and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day to completely hydrate your skin and optimise treatment results.
- You may be provided an antiviral prophylaxis 1 day prior to the Profound treatment and to continue after the treatment
- Topical retinoid therapy should be discontinued 3-4 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid any prolonged exposure to the sun, if you must be in the sun use a zinc oxide sunscreen of at least SPF 30+.
- Remove all substances from the intended treatment area, including topical anaesthetics, hairspray, gel, makeup, lotions, deodorants, self-tanning products and ointments. Do not use flammable products in the vicinity of the Profound device.
Is there any downtime?
After the treatment, you can resume normal activities but there will be signs of redness, swelling and bruising which may last up to 7 days.
How many treatments will you need?
Profound RF is a one-off treatment with clients reporting results seen from one treatment.
Is it painful?
Clients describe the treatment as uncomfortable as the needles are inserted into the skin and held. A pain relief can be used before treatment and discussed at your consultation.
What is Elastin?
Elastin is a protein that coils and recoils like a spring within the elastic fibers of connective tissue in the body - like your skin. Elastin is what makes your skin, heart, lungs and many other tissues elastic so that they can get snap back into shape after stretching or contracting. Elastin is important as it works together in your skin with collagen. Elastin provides elasticity and collagen (another protein in your skin) provides structure to keep your skin smooth and firm.
How do you build new elastin?
Elastin is normally no longer made after puberty and ageing begins. In order to build new elastin, you need to cause a certain amount of damage to the skin by heating for example, so that the elastin starts to break down. Then a healing process can begin to build new elastin.
What is the best method to build elastin and collagen?
Profound is clinically proved* to build elastin. By carefully heating the skin’s elastin and collagen to an exact temperature for an exact amount of time, Profound leads to the creation of new elastin and collagen to repair ageing skin.