“We’ve invited the best and brightest minds in publishing to share their knowledge and insights with our attendees."
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. (PRWEB) September 13, 2018
Over 500 published and aspiring authors will gather in Philadelphia this fall for the 2018 Independent Authors Conference (#indieauthorcon). Presented by BookBaby, the nation’s leading self-publishing service company, the conference takes place November 2-4 at the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel. Independent authors can purchase their tickets here: https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/rps/en/bookbaby2018/register.
“The Indie Authors Conference is the only event devoted to self-publishing,” says Steven Spatz, BookBaby President and conference keynote speaker. “That fact alone makes it a must-attend event for anyone interested in publishing his or her own book."
“We’ve invited the best and brightest minds in publishing to share their knowledge and insights with our attendees. It’s going to be an amazing weekend for authors to learn, network, and make lasting connections with their fellow writers.”
IAC headlining speakers include:
- Joanna Penn. Joanna Penn helps authors make a living with their writing through her best-selling books, courses, and podcast. She's an award-winning entrepreneur and acclaimed professional speaker who also writes best-selling thrillers and dark fantasy novels.
- Jane Friedman. Jane Friedman has 20 years of experience in the publishing industry, with expertise in business strategy for authors and publishers. According to Publishers Weekly, Friedman’s latest book, The Business of Being a Writer, is “destined to become a staple reference book for writers and those interested in publishing careers.”
- Dana Kaye. Dana Kaye is known for her innovative ideas and knowledge of current trends. A sought-after speaker on the topics of social media, branding, and book publishing, her commentary has been featured on websites like The Huffington Post, Little Pink Book, and NBC Chicago.
The Independent Authors Conference features workshops, panels, and presentations from over 25 publishing experts, covering all aspects of self-publishing, from editing and production to book marketing and promotion.
Conference Scholarship Contest
The Independent Authors Conference is presenting a Conference Scholarship Essay Contest for high school students in the Delaware Valley. Five winners will win the opportunity to attend the three-day conference in Philadelphia.
The IAC Scholarship contest is a way to embrace the local community while encouraging students to pursue a career in writing and publishing. The winners will receive:
- Two All-Access Passes to attend The 2018 Independent Authors Conference, access to 35 workshops, panels and keynote addresses.
- Lunch with BookBaby President Steven Spatz at the Philadelphia Sheraton, where students will get personal insights into the publishing industry.
Students can apply for a scholarship by writing a 250-word essay on the topic of "Why books and writing are important in the year 2018."
Essays should be emailed to email@example.com. All essays must be submitted by Monday, Oct. 1, 2018. The contest is open to any college or high school student in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, or New York. For more information, go to https://www.bookbaby.com/independent-authors-conference-scholarship/.
About BookBaby: BookBaby is where writers become authors. From book printing, eBooks, distribution, cover design, editing, and book marketing consultation, BookBaby is the nation’s leading self-publishing services company. Since 2011, BookBaby has helped thousands of writers realize their publishing goals, backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
The BookBaby Independent Authors Conference is a one-of-a-kind event and educational weekend catering to independent authors, offering skills-building sessions to help improve writing, foster learning, inspire creativity, and give assistance with self-publishing and book marketing.