Participating homes in the 8th annual Houston Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, September 22nd. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 12 and up are invited to attend.
HOUSTON (PRWEB) August 23, 2018
Some tour-goers search for inspiration for their next project; others hope to find an architect or home builder to work with; whatever the reasons may be, all tour-goers come to see a curated selection of Houston homes that embody Eastern Texas’s unique modern architecture and design aesthetic.
On Saturday, September 22nd, the Modern Architecture+ Design Society (MA+DS) returns to Houston for the 2018 Modern Home Tour, presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants. The annual event gives regional architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions as they explore some of Houston’s modern homes inside and out.
“The Houston Modern Home Tour is one of our longest-running tours and a solid cornerstone of our entire Modern Home Tour series,” says MA+DS founder and president, James Leasure. “The Modern Home Tour started in Austin and quickly branched out to Houston. Every year, our home roster gets better and better. Houston’s modern architecture movement is amazing, inspiring, and increasingly diverse in design. The 2018 line-up features 9 homes from some of the area’s leading architects and home builders that we cannot wait to showcase to our tour-goers.”
Nine homes have been accepted and confirmed for the 2018 Houston Modern Home Tour. Participating architects and designers, and featured neighborhoods include:
- A new design + build of a home in Meyerland that flooded in 2015, designed by On Point Custom Homes
- A modern home near Rice University, built in 2005 by Builders West and designed by Price Harrison
- An Origin Architects-designed major home renovation of a 1997 home located in the Tanglewood neighborhood
- A new modern, urban retreat in Hyde Park designed by MASA Architects
- A second Meyerland home, designed by Hollenbeck Architects, inspired by clean, modern, practical design
- A new modern home designed by studioMET in the Montrose neighborhood
- A unique modern dwelling in a constrictive Uptown lot, designed by refuGe Design Studio and built by Carnegie Homes & Construction
- The first prefab home in Houston built on a moveable concrete foundation system, designed and built by Intexure Architects and Context Homes
- A brand-new modern home by Design DCA, located in Upper Kirby, currently on the market for $2.1m
Joining the tour as first-time non-profit partners is University of Houston’s American Institute of Architect Student chapter. Students will help staff the event, in return for a donation to the school’s program and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle, while also contributing volunteer hours and making connections in their field.
The 8th annual Houston Modern Home Tour is presented by BEC Engineers and Consultants. Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, September 22nd. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 12 and up are invited to attend. Details on participants can be found at http://www.houstonmodernhometour.com
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!