The Houston Weird Homes Tour will take place Saturday, September 28, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Seven homes will open their doors, answer your questions, and share stories about their unique home. New to this year, one $45 ticket gets you everything, including an amazing VIP Home.
HOUSTON (PRWEB) September 12, 2019
Extraordinary. Eccentric. Funky. Offbeat. Magical. Weird. Whatever you call it, the organizers of the Houston Weird Homes Tour are certainly proud of it. This month, the fourth annual self-paced, self-driven event takes attendees on a journey across Houston and into some of the area’s most creative and imaginative homes; visitors will see and explore some truly awesome and unique designs and meet the wonderful minds that created them.
About the Homes:
- The Lester Marks Collection – Lester Marks has been named one of the top 200 art collectors in the world… And he will be opening his home and his amazing private art collection for the Houston Weird Homes Tour this year. This is one home you must be certain not to miss!
- Home of the Wooden Car – Isaac Cohen has been designing & creating masterpieces from wood since an early age. In recent years, he is most known for the wooden art cars he created. Come meet Issac and see his cars and art compound/studio up close.
- Secret Garden Home – Selia Qynn’s weird home includes an amazing backyard habitat certified by the National Wildlife Federation. Located on three quarters of an acre in the Spring Branch neighborhood, her garden offers a treasure-trove of nooks and secrets waiting to be discovered around every corner.
- The Hippolotofus Home – Sue’s amazing collection of hippo objects and hippo memorabilia has been collected over the last 45 years; over 2,000 pieces and counting!
- House of Luminosity – Come visit the Montrose home and studio of Houston-based, internationally-known glass artist, Kim Clark Renteria. Kim likes to use the science of light in her stained-glass pieces to transform a given space into someplace almost metaphysical.
- The Instagram House – When Marie Alducic started Montrose Studios out of her home, she wanted to make an Instagram paradise. With each room, uniquely decorated to fit different themes and holidays, her place is the perfect space to become #Instafamous.
- The Art Lair – Taylor Rebel's eccentrically decorated home is filled with surrealistic art. Much of it is her own work!
The Houston Weird Homes Tour will take place Saturday, September 28, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Seven homes will open their doors, answer your questions, and share stories about their unique home. New to this year, one $45 ticket gets you everything, including an amazing VIP Home: the Lester Marks Collection. Tickets are available at http://www.weirdhomestour.com. Kids 13 & younger are free.
New Hope Housing, an organization whose core purpose is to provide life-stabilizing, affordable, permanent housing with support services for people who live on very limited incomes will receive 10% of all ticket proceeds. Weird Homes Tour supports their vision to be an enduring institution serving Houston’s most vulnerable citizens. Learn more at http://www.newhopehousing.com.
ABOUT WEIRD HOMES TOUR: We are a social impact start-up, created by a team of event veterans that takes care of our people, our planet and makes a profit. We were founded in 2014 by Chelle and David J. Neff and held our first tour in Austin that same year. We take our profits and put them back into our communities by investing in smart, well-run nonprofits and other social impact businesses. After our first successful tours in Austin, we brought the Weird Homes Tour to Houston in 2016 and have now expanded nationwide. We promise to value what makes our event cities great. We exist to share the story of past, present, and future culture, as well as preserving and protecting what’s unique in each great city. For more information, visit http://www.weirdhomestour.com.