Participating homes on the 2nd annual DC-Metro Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 6th. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 12 & Up are invited to attend.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (PRWEB) September 12, 2018
Some tour-goers search for inspiration for their next project; others hope to find an architect or home builder to work with; whatever the reasons may be, all tour-goers come to see a curated selection of DC-area homes that embody the unique modern architecture and design aesthetic of our nation’s capital.
The Modern Architecture+ Design Society (MA+DS) and the Contemporary Listings Group at TTR Sotheby's International Realty will present the 2018 DC-Metro Modern Home Tour on Saturday, October 6th. The annual event gives local architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions as they explore some of the D-M-V area’s modern homes inside and out.
“This will be our second Modern Home Tour in the DC area and we couldn’t be more excited to return,” says MA+DS founder and president, James Leasure. “Last year’s inaugural tour was a solid success. This year, we are offering more homes to explore in a wider area. Our line-up for 2018 is more diverse and showcases an incredible range of modern architecture and design in the DC-metro area.”
Nine homes have been accepted and confirmed for the 2018 DC-Metro Modern Home Tour. Participating architects and designers, and featured neighborhoods include:
- An extensively remodeled craftsman bungalow with a mix of very modern and craftsman finishes and details, located in Takoma Park and designed by Braitman Design Studio
- A renovation and addition to a Bethesda bungalow that blends tradition and modernity in form and detail, designed by Gardner Architects LLC
- A Travis Price-designed home from the 1980s, located in Chevy Chase, that is just as modern today as it was 30 years ago… and now includes a home theater
- A second Travis Price home, sitting on the edge or Pinehurst Parkway Park, that adds a substantial modern addition to an existing Tudor cottage-style home
- In Bethesda, see how architect Mark McInturff turned a little “complex” of four run-down cottages from the 1920's into his own home and studio over the last 40 years
- A 1949 mid-century stone and stucco home in Arlington that has received a loving modern interior re-design by Kathy McIntire of Kmac Corp Design
- A modern home in McLean, designed in 1997 by veteran architect Angus MacDonald who specialized in disaster-proof construction, that employs the architect’s own Am-Cor design using concrete and steel
- A brand-new modern Prairie-Style custom home in Arlington, designed and built by Sagatov Design+Build
- A 1939 Tudor-inspired brick home in Bethesda that has been given a modern addition and redesign by Paola One Design
Joining the tour as first-time non-profit partners is the American Institute of Architects Student chapter at University of Maryland, College Park. Students will help staff the event, in return for a donation to the club and the opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle, while also contributing volunteer hours and making connections in their field.
Participating homes on the 2nd annual DC-Metro Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 6th. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. Ages 12 & Up are invited to attend. Details on participants and tickets can be found at http://www.dcmetromodernhometour.com.
About the Modern Architecture + Design Society: Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours, to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the MA+DS Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!