"The purchaser can estimate and evaluate the costs of components, materials or work processes very quickly by simply entering two values. It significantly accelerates the global calculation processes in purchasing,"
TROY, Mich. (PRWEB) November 05, 2020
FACTON, manufacturer of the Enterprise Product Costing (EPC) suite, has rolled out a new version of its EPC Should Costing solution. The EPC Should Costing 12 optimizes and extends existing functions for more efficiency in cost engineering and managing global and company-wide purchasing processes. The major release includes two key enhancements:
- Extended range of functions for the use of company-specific cost models from the EPC Cost Model Designer in the purchasing solution.
- Implementation of a fast cost estimation function to enable a quicker evaluation of costs of components or materials in the calculation process.
Companies create digital models for cost evaluation with the EPC Cost Model Designer and integrate them directly into the EPC Should Costing solution. For detailed cost evaluation, companies use assemblies and manufacturing processes and now the costing elements components and work steps. With the new version, the software manufacturer delivers the cost model for 2-component injection molding, which can be used directly to calculate the manufacturing process. "The seamless connection of our purchasing solution with the EPC Cost Model Designer accelerates the processes of cost evaluation and consequently purchasing decisions. We have used the release to map the detailed needs of the users in our EPC Should Costing solution", says Alexander M. Swoboda, CEO of FACTON.
With the new extended range of functions, purchasers and cost engineers can now benefit from a fast cost estimate in addition to the detailed cost calculation. "The purchaser can estimate and evaluate the costs of components, materials or work processes very quickly by simply entering two values. It significantly accelerates the global calculation processes in purchasing," adds Swoboda.
Additionally, FACTON has added new functions and optimized the usability at central control points.
Specific extensions in the functional range
- Determine acquisition costs for tools and devices from other cost items and include costs in more detail in the calculation.
- Define the output quantities when calculating the material quantities for the coil and plate form types and use material utilization ratio in the calculation.
- Take cleaning losses into account when calculating the casting material for production.
- Select the option to calculate production overheads based on labor costs or direct production costs.
Optimizations in the user interface
- The different views of a cost estimate, such as the detail view or structure view, can be accessed via symbols. Users benefit from clearly structured detailed views.
- Hide calculation fields that are not used in the machine hour rate calculation and display only those relevant for the cost evaluation.
- Extended search function by name or change date for faster access to archived calculations.
- Simplified reporting by creating so-called BOM reports only for selected parts of a calculation.
- The information on machine characteristics recorded in the benchmark data can be overwritten and thus be used more quickly for cost comparisons.
The FACTON EPC Suite
FACTON EPC 12 Should Costing is part of the FACTON EPC Suite. The Suite consists of specific solutions that address the product costing requirements of different company departments and divisions – from top management, controlling and production to development, purchasing and sales.
The FACTON EPC Suite is the leading Enterprise Product Costing (EPC) solution for the automotive, aerospace, mechanical engineering, and electronics industries. Its specific solutions offer robust answers to the requirements of executive management and individual departments within the enterprise. FACTON EPC enables standardized, enterprise-wide costing independent of location and department for maximum product cost transparency throughout every phase of the product lifecycle. Businesses accelerate their costing, achieve pinpoint cost accuracy, and secure their profitability.
FACTON was founded in 1998 and has locations in Potsdam, Dresden, Stuttgart, and Detroit. Hasso Plattner, founder and chairman of the supervisory board of SAP SE & Co. KG, has supported this innovative company since 2006. The international portfolio of customers includes Ford Motor Company, Henniges Automotive, DURA Automotive Systems, Airbus, Mahle Behr, MANN+HUMMEL, Porsche, and other renowned manufacturers.