Bellingham, Washington (PRWEB) April 22, 2014
In 2010, approximately 99,467 cycles of in-vitro fertilization were performed in the United States alone, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Research suggests that trying-to-conceive couples are too often encouraged to pursue invasive infertility treatments before more natural approaches, including preconception fertility education and dietary supplementation, are exhausted.
The founders of National Infertility Awareness Week recognized this lack of infertility education in 1989 when they launched the movement. Each year, National Infertility Awareness Week encourages people to understand their reproductive health. Fairhaven Health, a manufacturer of natural fertility products, proudly supports National Infertility Awareness Week, and encourages couples to take charge of their fertility.
This year’s theme is all about fertility education – “Resolve to know more.” A recent study showed that 40 percent of women lack knowledge about the ovulatory cycle and how to pinpoint ovulation. Fertility awareness is essential for trying-to-conceive couples; understanding reproductive health and natural fertility signs can help couples skip costly infertility treatments altogether.
Fairhaven Health strives to educate its customers every day, providing them with the knowledge they need to conceive naturally. Here are a few of their top tips to conceive naturally:
- Track ovulation. By learning to track fertility signs, couples can accurately predict when ovulation is going to occur and time intercourse appropriately. There are so many fertility tracking tools available, including the OvaCue Fertility Monitor. This hi-tech monitor helps pinpoint a woman’s most fertile days during her cycle, and confirms that ovulation occurred successfully.
- Improve overall health. General health issues can prevent couples from getting pregnant. Improving overall health by maintaining a healthy weight, improving diet, and exercising regularly can enhance fertility.
- Supplement. Many natural products such as herbs, minerals, and vitamins have been scientifically proven to help improve overall reproductive health. FertilAid for Men and Women are designed specifically for trying-to-conceive couples. FertilAid for Men was formulated to help improve sperm health, and FertilAid for Women was designed to help promote hormonal balance.
- De-stress. Stress is a fertility killer. Yoga, meditation, and acupuncture are all effective ways to unwind. Fairhaven Health’s Bend, Breathe and Conceive Fertility Yoga DVD is a fertility yoga sequence designed specifically for trying-to-conceive couples to help improve overall reproductive health.
In honor of National Infertility Awareness Week, Fairhaven Health is hosting contests and giveaways on their Fairhaven Health Fertility Facebook page from April 21 to April 25. Facebookers can enter to win natural fertility products like:
- FertilAid for Men and Women: Doctor-designed fertility supplements to help improve overall reproductive health. FertilAid for Men targets sperm health, and FertilAid for Women targets hormonal balance.
- OvaBoost: An all-natural supplement designed to help improve egg health and ovarian function.
- FertileCM: A natural supplement to help improve the quality and quantity of fertile cervical mucus, the natural lubricant that helps protect and nourish sperm during their journey to fertilize the egg.
- OvaCue Fertility Monitor: This fertility monitor helps pinpoint ovulation so couples can time intercourse during their most fertile days each cycle.
For a full list of this year’s events, visit resolve.org.
About National Infertility Awareness Week
The National Infertility Association launched National Infertility Awareness Week in 1989, with a goal to raise awareness about infertility and encourage couples to learn more about their reproductive health. In 2010, the Department of Health and Human Services federally recognized National Infertility Awareness Week.
About Fairhaven Health
Fairhaven Health manufactures safe, natural, doctor-designed products to promote fertility, pregnancy, and nursing health. They provide ovulation prediction tools, fertility supplements, prenatal vitamins, and breastfeeding support products, all of which are manufactured in U.S. GMP-certified and FDA regulated facilities.