Aurora, Colorado (PRWEB) September 18, 2013 -- The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) dba On Havana Street is sponsoring an Autumn Equinox Sidewalk Sale Saturday, September 21, 2013, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
“Get outside and stretch your shopping dollar while keeping the kids entertained,” said Havana BID Executive Director Gayle Jetchick. “This is a great chance for savvy gift buyers to get ahead of the holiday shopping rush.”
Aurora, Colorado, shoppers will enjoy bargains and seasonal close-outs from participating merchants at sidewalk sale tables. Activities include:
Where: Klassye Creations in the Havana Exchange Shopping Center, 2790 S Havana, #U, on the east side of Havana south of Parker Road and South of Yale Ave.
What To Do: Pick up your Treasure Hunt Instruction Sheet at Klassye Creations at the event on September 21 and follow the clues to find the hidden treasures. Win prizes and gift certificates.
Where: The English Teacup in the Birchtree Center, 1930 S Havana St., on the SE corner of Jewell & Havana
What To Do: Taste delicious, British food like bangers and Shepherd's pie. Face painting for the kids--no cost--and a drawing for gift certificates. Beautiful china tea sets will be for sale.
Win Antique Mall Bucks
Where: Heirlooms Antiques Mall, 1947 S Havana St., Aurora, Colorado
What To Do:
• Over 20 vendor sidewalk sale tables
• Drawings for Antique Mall Bucks
• Colorado's Pro Gym at 1961 S. Havana St. is hosting an open house with free yogurt and samples of "Fit Foods 4U," a line of fast, nutritious meals. There will be door prizes.
• Shop sale tables at Colpar Hobbies.
• Lunch at Havana Street Station. $12 lunch special: 10 oz. blackened rib eye steak on Texas Toast with garlic butter and potato salad.
Fun at The Gardens on Havana
Where: The Gardens on Havana, the site of the old Buckingham Square Mall on the SE corner of Mississippi & Havana
What To Do:
• Bargains at the sidewalk sale tables on Garden Drive. Balloon animals for kids 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
• Face painting for kids 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Noodles & Company. No cost.
• Enter to win prizes in the Lucky Sucker Game at Lane Bryant. Enter the drawing at Lane Bryant and Noodles & Company to win a $100 gift card. Spin the prize wheel and meet the Menchie’s Guy at Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt. No cost.
• Chair massage at Massage Envy. No cost.
Big Tool Show
Where: Havana Auto Parts at 901 S. Havana St.
What To Do: Sidewalk sale tables and tool extravaganza. Representatives from major tool manufacturers will demo their newest products. Enter drawings and giveaways.
No purchase is necessary to enter any of the drawings for gift cards or prizes at this sidewalk sale event. There is no cost to attend the event.
Additional events this month On Havana Street include:
Bloody Mary Sunday, Sunday, September 22, 2013
Where: Gibby's Sports Saloon, 1555 S. Havana St.
What To Do: Enjoy U2 tribute band Under a Blood Red Sky and the Mile High City’s Biggest Bloody Mary Bar. $10.00 cover charge includes the concert, breakfast and your first Bloody Mary. Doors open at 11:00 AM. Cost: $10.00
“Come out, support local merchants and have fun!” urged Jetchick. “Autumn in Colorado is perfect for outdoor shopping, music and all we have to offer On Havana Street in Aurora.”
About Havana Business Improvement District
The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) dba On Havana Street is a special district in Colorado created in 2007 by business and neighborhood leaders and Aurora city staff working together to build a stronger, better community. The District makes a difference by focusing on unique, culturally diverse events and fun new things to do and working to keep the area clean, safe and beautiful. For more information please contact Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director info(at)OnHavanaStreet(dot)com, (303) 360-7505.
Gayle Jetchick, Havana Business Improvement District, http://www.onhavanastreet.com/, (303) 360-7505, [email protected]
SOURCE Havana Business Improvement District