In addition to beautifully decorate trees and wreaths, enjoy a holiday train display, courtesy of Cumberland Valley Model Railroad Club, Santa’s Workshop, and a Victorian village.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. (PRWEB) November 30, 2020
Franklin County Visitors Bureau (FCVB) is excited to bring holiday cheer to a challenging 2020. A COVID-friendly Festival of Trees is ready to spread smiles while raising funds to support cancer services of WellSpan Health in Franklin County PA.
Decorated trees and wreaths will be displayed in the elegant lobby of the 11/30 Visitors Center, formerly the National Bank of Chambersburg. 2020 decorators include: OSI, Renfrew Museum & Park, Franklin County Certified Tourism Ambassadors, Shabby Chic Farmhouse Boutique, Chris’s Thrift, Chambersburg Quilt Guild, Oasis of Love Church, WellSpan Health, RE/MAX Prestige - Amanda Ridgway, Sellers Funeral Home, YMCA, F&M Trust, Phab Photos, Greencastle Chamber of Commerce, A Matter of Taste & Formosa Family, Totem Pole Playhouse and Conococheague Audubon Society.
Visitors can vote for their favorite tree or wreath as well as participate in the silent auction. Details here. The 2019 Festival of Trees, the first hosted by the Franklin County Visitors Bureau at the 11/30 Visitors Center, raised $2000 for WellSpan cancer services.
In addition to beautifully decorate trees and wreaths, enjoy a holiday train display, courtesy of Cumberland Valley Model Railroad Club, Santa’s Workshop, and a Victorian village. Special appearance by Santa on Friday, December 4. Take socially distanced photos with Santa! Since the 11/30 Visitors Center used to be a bank and the teller line is still intact, Santa will be safely tucked behind the teller line more than 6-feet away from the closest visitors.
Join FCVB on Facebook Live for holiday art with Susan Shaffer of Joyful Arts in Greencastle plus FCVB staff cookie decorating tips and home-for-the-holidays decorating fun. More details for these events here.
Final Week of Festival of Trees hours:
- Monday, November 30, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment –
- Tuesday, December 1, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment - SPECIAL FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT: Home For The Holidays Decorating hosted by Leisa McCracken – Noon – 1 PM
- Wednesday, December 2, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment – - SPECIAL FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT: JOY Painting with Susan Shaffer of Joyful Arts in Greencastle- 6 PM to 9 PM. Fee is $15.
- Thursday, December 3, 8 AM – 4:30 PM & later by appointment - SPECIAL FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT: Cookie Decorating Tips & Tricks – 1 PM – 2:30 PM
- Friday, December 4, 8 AM – 8 PM; voting closes at 7:30 PM; winner announced by 8 PM - SPECIAL GUEST: Santa for socially distanced selfies and photos, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Admission to Festival of Trees is free. To view Festival of Trees, outside the regular hours, please contact FCVB at 717.552.2977 or 866.646.8060 to make an appointment.
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau invites all to explore history, arts and architecture, recreation, natural beauty, fresh foods and the warm hospitality of communities like Chambersburg, Greencastle, Mercersburg, Shippensburg, and Waynesboro. Franklin County PA is located just north of the Mason Dixon Line and is an easy drive from Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Plan a visit at ExploreFranklinCountyPA.com, contact 866.646.8060, or stop at the new Franklin County 11/30 Visitors Center in downtown Chambersburg, housed in a former 1865 bank.